Tornado mod for FSX?

You're looking for the holy grail. Doesn't exist ... yet. REX teased a claim about it in early 2017 but they were overtly lying.

A competitor believes REX made the claim to prevent people from buying in order to get them to wait for their next product upgrade which was not ready for release. Not only did that REX product not have the ability to simulate tornadoes but it didn't even do thunderstorms as well as the competition.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Karl

I7-4770k, ASUS Z87pro, 8GB RAM, GTX770

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I saw a tornado in FSX, I'd do a 360 and go the opposite direction.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Do you use Active Sky? Our group has found Rex textures with Active sky gives the best results.

I wouldn't waste time doing the 360 - I'd just go the opposite direction. ;)

I've been wanting a decent storm simulator in FSX for years. I've pretty much given up hope that it will ever happen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Karl

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you use Active Sky? Our group has found Rex textures with Active sky gives the best results.

Not yet. I have an old copy of Rex Essential Plus Overdrive (that I bought before they pulled their little marketing stunt) that keeps me decently happy. I'll probably get Active Sky at some point, but I'm diverting a lot of my sim money into my wood shop to get better tools for the simpit I'm planning, so it's on the back burner for now.

Not yet. I have an old copy of Rex Essential Plus Overdrive

That will give you good results. AS gives the best & most accurate results as far as weather engines goes.

Karl

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for all the help, and so fast!

I kept searching and eventually found this on another website:

"Figured out how to make one.

1. Download the Waterspout add on: http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... &x=18&y=10

2. Unzip and convert to an aicarriers (I use AI Carriers 2) ship (delete the panel folder, air file and the aircraft file. Grab the sim file from another ai boat and change the title to AI_waterspout)

3. Install in the aicarrier.cfg

[formation.XX]

title=Waterspout

unit.0=AI_waterspout,0,0

In custom weather, set cloud bottoms to around 1000, and set cloud density to the max (otherwise, you will see the top of the funnel just cut off at 6500 feet). Call up the waterspout like you would any other AI ship or boat and give it the "forward" command. For it to move, it has to be over water.

The model of the spout in the vid was "bent" so it looked like it was twisting around a bit. Waterspout_2 is straight (but the texture spins), so it's a bit "dead", but it works." found in this thread: https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=169151

Definitely going to try this out, however it's designed for fs04. I will post updates on this. I couldn't send the picture that came with the post, so you'll have to scroll down on the linked thread.

Thanks again,

-Cobra

Archived