P3D / FSUIPC throttle glitch

G-RJWA

Evening all.

I tried the popular addon that allows preset camera angles (I forget its name) and it seemed to immediately b*gger up all my control settings and disabled the hat switch and TrackIR among other things so I uninstalled it and set about repairing the damage. Since then FSUIPC has been misinterpreting the throttle axis on my Saitek yoke. The input range is from -16383 to 16383 but FSUIPC will often return it to around 1300-1400 until I move the throttle again. Sometimes it'll stay put for a few seconds, sometimes a minute etc. Sounded like a bad potentiometer to me, as it's an old unit, but in control panel the axis range is still perfectly correct.

I should mention that I have no problem with prop and mixture axes, and the problem persists when I change throttle control to the prop lever...

I've reinstalled FSUIPC but perhaps the settings are saved somewhere and carried over to the reinstall?

As is, this is useless.. :( Hope someone can help.

I just updated to P3Dv4.3 and am experiencing the same problem when trying to use my CH Products Throttle Quad with the C-130 that came with the P3Dv4.3 upgrade. I cant get lever number 1 to map the umber 1 and number 2 engines together and the same for lever number 2 and engines 3 and 4. I am not having this problem with two engine planes. Just when I try to control 2 engines with one lever like we always have been able to do.

Maybe we need an update to FSUIPC?

I just updated to P3Dv4.3 and am experiencing the same problem when trying to use my CH Products Throttle Quad with the C-130 that came with the P3Dv4.3 upgrade. I cant get lever number 1 to map the umber 1 and number 2 engines together and the same for lever number 2 and engines 3 and 4. I am not having this problem with two engine planes. Just when I try to control 2 engines with one lever like we always have been able to do.

Maybe we need an update to FSUIPC?

5.132c is the latest...

this should be brought up in Pete's official FSUIPC forum. If it is an FSUIPC issue, he will be quick t resolve it.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

this should be brought up in Pete's official FSUIPC forum. If it is an FSUIPC issue, he will be quick t resolve it.

Vic

Like as not it won't be. Most likely to be user error, or failing to calibrate the controller properly in Windows, or an interfering duplicate control assignment.

FSUIPC doesn't affect primary control assignment functions, else we'd all have experienced it...

In the end a reinstall of FSUIPC, the yoke drivers and changing to a different USB port seems to have cured it, although I'm not sure which of the 3 were the problem. It wasn't a windows calibration error as its movement in the calibration screen was perfectly smooth across all axes. FSUIPC picked up the fault, wherever it originated, as I described above. And the fault itself was transferrable to different axes which were otherwise unaffected, so it was something in P3D or FSUIPC's interpretation of throttle input. Regardless, its working now.

Archived