Another FSX Steam question

johnrgby2

Ok I purchased FSX Steam and as suggested cost nothing 7/8€ I managed to download it without a problem, but I will not let me chose where to install it, it just automaticlay instals its self, but to compound the problem search as I may i cannot find it any where on my hard drive, I have deleted and reinstalled three times, but I have no idea where it has been installed. I would greately appreciate anyones help.

My is under - C:/program files(86)/steam/steamapps/common/fsx

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Instead of "looking", better to learn how to use your computer's search functions. A simple search on your pc for "steam" would have shown you the install location in no time, and saved you the time wasted with those needless reinstallations.

Ok I purchased FSX Steam and as suggested cost nothing 7/8€ I managed to download it without a problem, but I will not let me chose where to install it, it just automaticlay instals its self, but to compound the problem search as I may i cannot find it any where on my hard drive, I have deleted and reinstalled three times, but I have no idea where it has been installed. I would greately appreciate anyones help.

You can control where it is installed by going into the Steam client settings and changing the Steam Library location.

It's been a repeated mantra in this, and the other flightsim Forum that FSX or FSX-Steam SHOULD NOT be installed in the Program File(86) as it may cause many unforeseen problems. Rather, installation should be directed to the the ROOT directory of a particular hard drive. Example: C:/Steam

Yes, the unforeseen problems have to deal with permission rights. Get the computer set up correctly and you will not have problems. This we are discussing has to do with the installation of FSX. For future reference, when installing programs that have to do with FSX, read the directions carefully as some programs need to be installed into specific areas. And again if you do not want to deal with permissions then install outside of Program File(86).

When you create a new folder name it something like "steam1" so the computer can distinguish between the two folders.

Again I am getting the same message, besides it is telling me I cannot install into the root directory?

I go into steam into settings and into downloads, but after that whatever I do it tells me a steam folder exists.

Again I am getting the same message, besides it is telling me I cannot install into the root directory?

I go into steam into settings and into downloads, but after that whatever I do it tells me a steam folder exists.

I think you can only have one Steam Library folder per drive. Try removing the existing folder, and add a new one at "C:\Steam".

Archived