FSX Beech King Air Question

budreiser

In all my years of flight simming (started in 1984) I either fledw the Cessna 172 , Mooney or the bigger jets. For the first time today I tried the Beech King Air. On the radio stack. am I missing something or is there no NAV 1 or NAV 2 Standby Frequency accomodations?

The King Air uses the standard Bendix-King radio stack and there is definitely Standby Nav1 and Nav2.

Pictured is a "reasonable" image of the Bendix-King radio stack.

Stack_sm.jpg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Fake News! Fake News!........SAD!:( I should not ASS-U-ME that the King Air uses the Bendix-King radio stack. It actually has its own radio stack and no Nav1 or Nav2 standby. Sorry, please ignore my first post. My super chicken burrito straightened out my thought processes. Now if it could only grow hair!;)

King Air.JPG

When I get the time, I'm gonna put the Baron stack in there. That shud be doable.

It would work. Is there any problem just tuning the Nav1 directly rather than tuning the standby then making the switch?

//This is what default KA-350 has in aircraft cfg for (Radios) section:

[Radios]

// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope

Audio.1 = 1

Com.1 = 1, 0

Com.2 = 1, 0

Nav.1 = 1, 0, 1

Nav.2 = 1, 0, 0

Adf.1 = 1

Transponder.1 = 1

Marker.1 = 1

//This is what default KA-350 has in panel cfg for (Radio_Stack_Panel):

[Window01]

file=Radio_Stack_bg.bmp

file_1024_night=Radio_Stack_bg_night.bmp

size_mm=196, 349

position=8

visible=0

windowsize_ratio=1.3

ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL

gauge00=KingAir_Radio!Com1, 0, 59

gauge01=KingAir_Radio!Com2, 106, 59

gauge02=KingAir_Radio!Nav1, 0, 155 //**

gauge03=KingAir_Radio!Nav2, 106, 155 //**

gauge04=KingAir_Radio!Adf, 0, 251

gauge05=KingAir_Radio!Xpndr, 106, 251

gauge06=KingAir_Radio!Audio, 0, 0

//This is what you NEED to change in aircraft cfg (Radios) section TO FIX:

[Radios]

// Radio Type = available, standby frequency, has glide slope

Audio.1= 1

Com.1= 1, 1

Com.2= 1, 1

Nav.1= 1, 1, 1

Nav.2= 1, 1, 0

Adf.1= 1

Transponder.1= 1

Marker.1= 1

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Thanks for vote Zippy. So, without the 'fix' to the (Radios) section in aircraft cfg (being it is not 'complete' (ie: Nav2=0)) it doesn't matter what panel you install on the KA-350, the panel radios will not have 'Nav2' enabled. You have to have (Radios) features enabled (ie: 'Nav2=1') in order for the radio in (any) panel to work correctly. MS airplanes are not 'finished' and can have features missing or incorrect. Let's not disgust-it.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

As an alternative, you could add a completely different radio set to your plane.

I use one called ComGold Radio. The file to download is comgold.zip . It's in the Library here at THIS LOCATION. It was written for FS9 originally, but it works great in FSX as well. Just substitute it for the radios you currently have.

Note: It doesn't have the AutoPilot feature of the stacks shown so far, so this leads to your needing to add an AutoPilot of your own. You can use one from another plane, or an add-on AP from the Library here.

I still like the ComGold one. Not only does it work very nicely, presuming you follow the installation instructions correctly, especially the aircraft.cfg changes. The channel entry is on a scratch pad type set up. Nothing easier. AND it has STBY Freq's :D

It can be added directly to a 2D or VC panel (if there's room for it), or as a pop-up, like any other radio set. It's not very big, but very easy to read for all that, and looks very modern and up-to-date, so it fits and looks good in modern aircraft panels.

I use it almost exclusively. Is it authentic for WWII plane, like a DC-3 or P-51? Nope, but I don't care.

Worth a look, anyway.

Good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived