Placement of 70m Mesh?

LTCSZ

Any separate addon mesh scenery should always be placed in the lowest possible priority and just above the default scenery library entries. The UT meshes shown in your screen shot are therefore positioned correctly.

Hans

Not sure mesh really needs to go on the bottom of other scenery. You read this everywhere but Orbx founder back in the VOZ days insisted mesh should be on top. Anyone who has VOZ I think it states this in the manual as well. I've run mesh on top last 3 1/2 years and have seen no issues. Just for the sake of it, I'll switch it to the bottom for a while.

The only time you may want your standard mesh down the list is if the scenery you install comes with mesh. In this case, may be best to add that particular scenery above your standard mesh so the mesh in the scenery gets priority. I personally haven't found any difference regardless of where the mesh is. I simply put scenery mesh above my normal mesh.

Mark Daniels

I personally haven't found any difference regardless of where the mesh is. I simply put scenery mesh above my normal mesh.

That's right, it doesn't really matter where mesh is located in the scenery list, but it makes sense to group it all together someplace!

FS reads mesh differently to other scenery elements, it will simply select the highest resolution mesh installed for the scenery tiles currently in use.

Therefore you can have a global mesh, a regional mesh, and an airport or city mesh for the same area installed all at the same time and FS will only use the highest resolution one.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Therefore you can have a global mesh, a regional mesh, and an airport or city mesh for the same area installed all at the same time and FS will only use the highest resolution one.

Yes, exactly how I understand it unless the resolution from 2 different mesh scenery folders is the same. Then I believe FS will use whichever one is placed higher on the scenery list.

I found it interesting John Venema from Orbx insisted mesh needed to be above everything else. I never read of a specific reason given for this. Across the net everyone claims it must be placed last. This is why I did my own testing and after long periods running it both ways top and bottom in the scenery list I have found no difference whatsoever.

Mark Daniels

Here's what I was able to dig up Regarding Mesh....and have always follow this rule.. http://stevemg.net/fst/priority.shtml

-2018-jun-16-005.jpg

-2018-jun-16-006.jpg

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

That's right, it doesn't really matter where mesh is located in the scenery list, but it makes sense to group it all together someplace!

I have actually downloaded all the available Mesh here https://simviation.com/1/fs2004terrainmesh (Took me 2 WEEKS to download all this) WOW

I found I'ts work best to group them together and divide the Massive amount of Mesh into 6 Groups via Regional Sections.

4545.jpg

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

Archived