DX10 Fixer w/cloud shadows addon... but no cloud shadows

Hossfly68

I installed the DX10 fixer with cloud shadows addon a month or two ago, but haven't seen a cloud shadow yet. I've followed all the tips to repair the install, but haven't gotten it yet. The fixer control panel says they're installed and all libraries are up to date. Water is set to high2x,etc.. I know it's something simple but I'm out of guesses. any ideas?

what FSX info do any of you gurus need me to share for an idea of where to begin?

The ONLY things I'm not sure about are Fs spotlights and reshader.. I don't know what either of those are and have never downloaded files by those names. I have changed lights around (Halo.bmp for one) but I put the originals back in before I installed the fixer.. I'm enjoying DX10 though. I just think having cloud shadows would make it even better.

In one of those pages, Steve mention seeing lines. I got to that point, but still no shadows.. it's supposed to rain all weekend so I figure I'll probably sit staring at the computer and trying to figure it out while trying not to worry about the grass that needs to be cut.

I installed the DX10 fixer with cloud shadows addon a month or two ago, but haven't seen a cloud shadow yet. I've followed all the tips to repair the install, but haven't gotten it yet. The fixer control panel says they're installed and all libraries are up to date. Water is set to high2x,etc.. I know it's something simple but I'm out of guesses. any ideas?

what FSX info do any of you gurus need me to share for an idea of where to begin?

Deleted the temp shaders files?

I don't think I have. I wouldn't know where to find them. To say I'm a novice would be an understatement.

Where would they be and do they need to be deleted or should they be found and reinstalled if they have been deleted?

I appreciate all the tips. tried everything suggested plus some other stuff. removed everything, reinstalled it all.

still no joy.. guess I'll just get used to flying without clouds shadows for now. I'll check back in from time to time to see if anybody else has had the problem. thanks for trying!

Not yet. Figured I'd work my way through his tips and advice a few times before I bug him. Pretty sure it's something I've done or added. The key is figuring out what it is though. I may do a fresh install on my old computer and copy the original Texture folder over to the new one next weekend. I wonder if it's something in there tha's causing them not to show. I don't think that would mess anything up, but even if it does, it's still a hobby that I'm enjoying. I'm still getting a thrill out of seeing cockpit shadows and everything else that his fixer takes care of in DX10, and the way FSX is responding on this new computer, so even if I never figure it out, it's still a win.

But I will figure it out eventually! And then it'll be a big win.

Shadows.jpg

Until I read your post I did not realize my program never installed. For which I thank you. Did you read the manual pages 5 and 6. This may help.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

I have no clue what was causing the lack of cloud shadows, but a total uninstall and reinstall of everything fixed it.

I now have cloud shadows! this is fan-freaking-tastic! I appreciate the help, and tips fellas!

I just figured it'd be easier to go full nuclear on it and start over though. gonna go do some flying now!

Archived