FS9 EVO 2018: new version released

Guest Sascha66

Guest Sascha66
I checked and it's my bad, the bgl was in the old version dropbox but I forgot to upload it for the newest version of EVO when I updated earlier this year! It's now in the lights folder. Sorry for the confusion this caused. I'll be updating the lights in the next couple of weeks, by the way. Edited by Sascha66

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still nothing. This is what I did:

- Deleted the Russian lights BGL

- Installed your BGL in the same folder (FS9\Scenery\Generic\Scenery)

- Reinstalled the lite autogen (default.xml) and halo.bmp files.

I still have TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_OBJECTS=0 in FS9.cfg. Should I change it to 1?

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

I have the old version of these textures, but I found them to have an odd tint to them. at night, they looked stunning, but during the day, it seemed a bit fake, especially since I don't use a post processing plugin such as enb series or sweetfx. I currently use ORBX converted textures. is there a way to get the 3D lights without transferring all the textures?

Guest Sascha66
Still nothing. This is what I did:

- Deleted the Russian lights BGL

- Installed your BGL in the same folder (FS9\Scenery\Generic\Scenery)

- Reinstalled the lite autogen (default.xml) and halo.bmp files.

I still have TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_OBJECTS=0 in FS9.cfg. Should I change it to 1?

I have mine set to 0 like yours, but it can't do any harm to try setting it to 1. It sounds as if you installed everything correctly on the light side. Did you try the normal autogen default.xml? Also you must have the .agn files installed in the world/scenery/texture folder, but you'd notice if that wasn't the case because you wouldn't get trees and buildings.

Guest Sascha66
I have the old version of these textures, but I found them to have an odd tint to them. at night, they looked stunning, but during the day, it seemed a bit fake, especially since I don't use a post processing plugin such as enb series or sweetfx. I currently use ORBX converted textures. is there a way to get the 3D lights without transferring all the textures?

I'm afraid not, sorry! The last couple of versions have colour corrections, but they are indeed intended for use with enb or sweetfx, but then again, all monitors have different colour fidelity, too.

Guest Sascha66
Luis, can you please send me your config file? I'll try and find a discrepancy to mine, maybe I'll get lucky. Using the lights should be straightforward, I can't think of what the problem is.

Guest Sascha66
Please see it attached, Sascha. I changed the extension so that it can be attached. The name is different, because I keep multiple CFG files and shortcuts, depending on the controller I use. This is the CFG I use the most.

[ATTACH]206640[/ATTACH]

Thanks, I'll sift it over the weekend!

Thanks, I'll sift it over the weekend!

Thanks! Looking forward to your findings!

Maybe a rundown of every step you've taken to install the EVO textures. As Sascha says, its a pretty simple process.

True, there should be no room for error. Anyway, this is what I did:

1. Disable my antivirus (just in case).

2. Unzipped all the contents of the included Zip files; each in its own folder.

3. Copied the contents of fs9_texture.zip into FS9\Texture.

4. Copied the contents of fs9_scenery_world_texture_standard.zip into FS9\Scenery\World\Texture (had to do so in order to get the AGN files).

5. Copied the contents of fs9_scenery_world_texture_hires.zip into FS9\Scenery\World\Texture.

6. Copied the default.xml from fs9_autogen.zip into FS9\Autogen.

7. Copied FS9EVO_lights.BGL into FS9\Scenery\Generic\Scenery.

8. Rebooted and reenabled antivirus.

9. Fired up FS9 and loaded a night flight in KSEA (where I just have an AFCAD), just for checking.

10. Banged my head against the wall because I can't still see any night lights...

Apart from Step 10, I can't find what did I do wrong...

Best regards,

You have put the light file in a:

../scenery

folder.

I don't know the software, but I assume that location is correct.

You will also need to activate that folder in the scenery library list in FS. (like you might also do with addon airports.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Sascha66
Thanks! Looking forward to your findings!

True, there should be no room for error. Anyway, this is what I did:

1. Disable my antivirus (just in case).

2. Unzipped all the contents of the included Zip files; each in its own folder.

3. Copied the contents of fs9_texture.zip into FS9\Texture.

4. Copied the contents of fs9_scenery_world_texture_standard.zip into FS9\Scenery\World\Texture (had to do so in order to get the AGN files).

5. Copied the contents of fs9_scenery_world_texture_hires.zip into FS9\Scenery\World\Texture.

6. Copied the default.xml from fs9_autogen.zip into FS9\Autogen.

7. Copied FS9EVO_lights.BGL into FS9\Scenery\Generic\Scenery.

8. Rebooted and reenabled antivirus.

9. Fired up FS9 and loaded a night flight in KSEA (where I just have an AFCAD), just for checking.

10. Banged my head against the wall because I can't still see any night lights...

Apart from Step 10, I can't find what did I do wrong...

Well, the procedure is absolutely correct. I can't find anything wrong with the config file, either. Maybe it is the terrain.cfg? I don't think you need the terrain.cfg that came with this download? https://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-effects-and-addons-46/animated-evening-and-night-highway-34218.html. I think it is not necessary, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Thanks Sascha, I will check... in 10 days that I'll be back from visiting my family. Which terrain.cfg are you using? The one that came default with FS9?

I forgot to say that I changed from Howard's TNW2017 to EVO 2018. I think TNW2017 had its own terrain.cfg file.

Best regards,

Guest Sascha66
I'm not sure, I made a few changes myself. I can't remember where it originates from. I made a new install a couple of months back, but carreid over all the config files from my old install which had been running continuously for around 10 years (probably more). I only reinstalled because I wanted to clean up and get a performance boost.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sascha66
Hi Mark, did you get a PM? I think I can't send any, I just checked and my sent folder is empty. Please send me a PM with your email and I'll respond.

Guest Sascha66
Thank you, I sent you the link! I'm glad to know my PM went out, don't know why my outbox shows no messages at all. Does anyone else have this issue?

Guest Sascha66
Well then I'm stumped, so far no-one else has reported a similar problem. I don't know what else to suggest. Can you okease send me a screenshot of the folder where the bgl file is in?