Silver wings and Golden wings

louross

I accidentally eliminated my fs9 in the computer. I'll do a search to see if there is a way to fox the problem. in the meantime, I do have GW3 and it works like a charm. I am using Windows 7.

What would happen if I copied Silver Wings into my copy of GW3 ???

And can I cut and paste the GW3 program into another folder and rename it; then instal SW on top of GW3 ???

Problem is, the FS) Program that T bought back in 2004 or whenever only gives me 4 choices when I put in the CD- play, contact web site, register and (don't remember, but something like get web site) I cannot get an install page from it.

Thanks,louross

lou"wakemeatthemarker"ross

When inserting the disc to install the FS9 Sim and it doesn't let you install, then I would suspect it still sees the program on your computer. "I accidentally eliminated my fs9 in the computer." Did you delete something? Is there anything in the Recycle Bin?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

No, there is nothing in the recycle bin. I have some fs9 downloads in tghe "D" drive, bur I ran a program "Everything" and found nothing in the "C" drive: fs9 is in the C-x86-Microsoft Games- Flight simulator 9.

Actually, i had two- "sections" open for cutting and pasting- one in C and the other in

D. After changing the D to the C drive, I tried to drag the original fs9 to another folder- that's when the fs9 folder disappeared. Can't find it. Could the install program be picking up downloads and think that's the floder??

Thanks,

LR.

Okay- I canged the name of the download folder in "D" drive, eliminating any words to the program and it is installing now. So, anyhow, thanks so very mych for you help!!!

louross.

Phew!

So, copy & paste that whole new install onto a portable hard drive, there's your backup!

Copy & paste it again to your C:\ drive & install Golden Wings, do the same for Silver Wings, not forgetting to rename the folders & exe's

Now you can have 3 versions. Do it again & add the scenery for 'Ford Tri-Motor Project' & there's your 4th. The Ford project is great, with amazing scenery & add-ons.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Archived