Flight director problem

stubby2

I've been playing around with some of the default aircraft in FSX in anticipation of picking up another payware plane. I noticed that the flight director roll bar does not work for the Boeing 737,747, or the Airbus A321. Pitch seems fine. I tried the airbus with fly by wire on and off. I believe the 737 issue is a known problem, however I'm wondering about the other 2 problems. Did I simply miss something ?

I've copied this from an old 2009 AVSIM post. Hope it helps and explains what is going on.

The fault lies in the PFD_xml of the B737_800 cab file in the panel folder, for the banking there were radians instead of degrees:BEFORE -AFTER my Change - I extracted the cab file into a folder using ultimatezip and modified the Xml using Internet Explorer (modifying the source file).With this modification the FD bars work perfectly in the 737.The 321 had exactly the same error.After modification, the FD bars work also now in the 321, but only when the autopilot is on. This is because the lateral navigation(LOC) works only with AP on, once in the air. Curiously on the ground it works with or without AP

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I've never had the flight director work. Either in the Lear 45 or my Virtavia F-22. Real damn shame. I'd like for them to work. Although, I have upgraded my PFD in the F-22. I pulled the PFD from a Mitsubishi something jet. I really liked this PFD and I changed the color of the artificial horizon to green like then real F-22 PFD.

Anyone know how to fix the Lear 45? Is it the same problem as posted above?

I've copied this from an old 2009 AVSIM post. Hope it helps and explains what is going on.

The fault lies in the PFD_xml of the B737_800 cab file in the panel folder, for the banking there were radians instead of degrees:BEFORE -AFTER my Change - I extracted the cab file into a folder using ultimatezip and modified the Xml using Internet Explorer (modifying the source file).With this modification the FD bars work perfectly in the 737.The 321 had exactly the same error.After modification, the FD bars work also now in the 321, but only when the autopilot is on. This is because the lateral navigation(LOC) works only with AP on, once in the air. Curiously on the ground it works with or without AP

I'm going to check the PFD.xml of the Lear and F-22 and see if that's the same issue.

You seem to confirm my suspicion that this was probably another FSX quirk, but the fact that it affected 3 planes made me wonder.

Thanks for the info.

I've never had the flight director work. Either in the Lear 45 or my Virtavia F-22. Real damn shame. I'd like for them to work. Although, I have upgraded my PFD in the F-22. I pulled the PFD from a Mitsubishi something jet. I really liked this PFD and I changed the color of the artificial horizon to green like then real F-22 PFD.

Anyone know how to fix the Lear 45? Is it the same problem as posted above?

If you're referring to the default lear 45 my flight director works fine. Go figure.

I suspect that the 'problem' is due to the (Electrical) section of aircraft cfg not being 'complete' but I could be wrong. I would copy a 'complete' (Electrical) from another aircraft cfg that IS 'complete' and see if that doesn't 'cure' the problem.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived