third landing ever

Koshal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5whsmyUaZOM

ok so i know that last time i used a 737-800 but no kidding it was easier to land this than the 737. How did i do? also i know that i put my spoilers up too early

Another successful landing!! One thing I noticed on this landing and the first, once you are at minimums (just prior to touchdown) don't ever force the aircraft down by pushing forward on the yoke. If you find you are too high, just back off the throttle a bit, F2! Once you have started the landing , you can only EASE back a "nose up" with the yoke! Any thoughts about being too high, too low, control that with power! You will get it, you're teaching yourself, but at the same time learning from yourself!

Some of these techniques, are easily taught by the instructors, based on what they see you do, and can explain it then.

One thing to remember, my instructor drove that home with me until it stuck!

Altitude=power

Airspeed=yoke

If you were taking actual flying lessons, I would tell you this will all make sense when you start performing "slow flight!"

Oh, and don't worry about those spoilers. I think they say 40 KIAS, but I think they can wait until you are pulling off the runway, if you don't think of them by then!

Good luck and keep up the good work! - Rick

You have to realize that you are landing a very heavy object. You do not park it in mid air and the flop it down on the runway. You s-k-i-m it onto the runway on the mains (never on the nose gear). And not need to land on the runway numbers. You can, and should, land 'long' (half way down runway) if it will afford you a smoother landing. Nothing wrong with that. When you touch down you are actually still FLYING it. The touch down is a product of easeing it down so you can coast to a speed slow enough so you can turn onto an exit. Next time use '+' pitch trim to keep the nose up while at the same time REDUCING (not cutting off) the throttle (power). And then wait. It will land itself (almost).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Why were partially spoilers deployed before landing? You defeated the purpose of arming them and for them to deploy automatically. The owners would not like that handeling of their property.

Keep flying them,

Cheers,

Archived