EBBR-LIRF With My European Airlines Boeing 737-200, Like Promised!

Hi,

Like promised, my first iteration of a European Airlines flight with a Boeing 737-200 on a flight Brussels (EBBR)-Rome (LIRF). I have now ended to improve the terrains to/from which I'm flying. Back to practice!! :) Comments, beer, cheers welcome :) On the other hand, some people will notice that by chance, I didn't photograph my faithful First Officer :) That was a medium range flight, which was to be followed by two more legs to return to EBBR :) (which I didn't fly of course :pilot:)

rome001.jpg

Pushing back from the gate at EBBR for a 2-hour flight to Rome-Fiumicino (LIRF), Italy. 85 passengers on board

rome002.jpg

Just after takeoff. Pax view. At EBBR such a turn immediately after takeoff is to avoid a reglementary area just ahead (in fact, I think, it's Brussels -- and even NATO headquarters :):):) )

rome003.jpg

Climbing. The weather now is mostly fine over Europe

rome004.jpg

After a uneventful flight over southwestern Germany, we reached the Alps between Austria and Switzerland. We had chosen a FL290

rome005.jpg

Bella Italia now! We got out from the Alps and our flight plan headed us to over Bologna

rome006.jpg

Rome, the Eternal City!! Just like I was saying in a post, I was to picture Rome should the descent/approach bring me over the city. And that was the case, with a kind of long downwind to the 34R LIRF :)

rome007.jpg

Turning to intercept the ILS and descending to 3,500 then 2,500ft! It's the Mediterranean coast below :pilot:

rome008.jpg

On the ILS to the 34R

rome009.jpg

On the ILS as seen from the airport

rome010.jpg

Rome-Fiumicino (now something like Leonardo da Vinci), LIRF, from a pax seat during the short final!

rome011.jpg

All breaking gears out!!

rome012.jpg

Reaching our gate now!

all my flights with:

.boxed FSX Gold Edition with the Acceleration Pack

.my plane, a Cantu/Kittyhawk Boeing 737-200ADV I tweaked under several aspects, and made liveries for

.some miscellaneous freeware improvements (tarmac textures, pax window view, and the like with some airport aprons, taxiways and runways improved by me from the FSX default)

.people on the tarmacs, my creation with personalized default FSX people

.weather with FSXWX (and some clouds textures like adviced)

.flightplan partly with the simBrief site

.flight doc with the e-AIP sites of countries concerned

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Hi, Kenny and Jan! thanks for the posts

Kenny: thank you for that remark. Sometines also I find that sitting parallel to a pax window and letting the flight go, is a kind of rest, if not of philosophing :pilot:

Jan: I have checked the download. I think that maybe with my post about improving the airports I fly, I triggered a perfectionism's mood somewhere. Here a pic showing between default and improved (on one location however). Not that much different. Maybe some improvements are mostly psychological, aren't they? :):)

:imprital.jpg

On the other hand, I improved somewhat both Italian airport I'm flying, Rome and Milano, here is a pic of Milano. I think that's not so bad :coollimc.jpg

And now, I will fly, fly, fly!!! :mad:

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Okay!, I see now! That's the famed question that FS drop tons of sand here and there! :) On the other hand, some regions of Italy, especially by summer are very arid in any case. And the more South, the more looking like North Africa :cool:

Archived