FSX Default 737-800 Cockpit Sounds

usb777

Can anyone tell my where I might find out which gauge within the default 737-800 panel control the seatbelt and smoking light bell sound?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

No "gauge' inside the 737-800 panel. The .wav file that plays to make the "ding" sound is called CabinAlert and is in your Main Sound Folder. The sound.cfg in the sound folder of the 737-800 contains these 2 things for the No Smoking and Fasten Seatbelt warnings.

[NO_SMOKING_ALERT]

filename=CabinAlert

[sEATBELTS_ALERT]

filename=CabinAlert

Is this a general "I just wanna know" thing or are you trying to do something special with those alerts?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Ahh, thank you! So if I have a sound folder that and say for another 747 doesn't evan have a sound.cfg file within the folder I can add one say from the default 737 sound folder to it and get those effects?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

So...you have a 747 that has no sound folder or just no sound.cfg inside of the folder? Don't forget that the sound.cfg is responsible for all sounds including engines and control surfaces.

Or are you asking if you can just add those 2 files to the 747 sound.cfg? Yes you can!

[NO_SMOKING_ALERT]

filename=CabinAlert

[sEATBELTS_ALERT]

filename=CabinAlert

I said that wrong. Just add the two entries I am going to test it out bet it works. What happened was I downloaded several POSKY and TDS airlines very nice, beautiful work but when I ported them over to my triple monitor set up for who knows what reason the utilities features and the GPWS they used didn't crash the program but when changing aircraft or airports sent me straight to the Failures window. I removed those features and corrected the problem but now wanted to add back at least the default GPWS and like the seat belt and smoking bell. I still have no clue as to why those features tripped up the triple monitor setup because they work great on my single lower end build.

Mike G.

No "gauge' inside the 737-800 panel. The .wav file that plays to make the "ding" sound is called CabinAlert and is in your Main Sound Folder. The sound.cfg in the sound folder of the 737-800 contains these 2 things for the No Smoking and Fasten Seatbelt warnings.

[NO_SMOKING_ALERT]

filename=CabinAlert

[sEATBELTS_ALERT]

filename=CabinAlert

Is this a general "I just wanna know" thing or are you trying to do something special with those alerts?

That work! One more question, on some of the aircraft the bell only rings when you switch the switch down but not up. Why is that? I only saw the one required wav file

Mike G.

Why does the room light only turn on when the switch is moved up? One way switch, I think. It would be neat if the flight attendant would come on, when the switch is flipped in the other direction, and announce that the fasten seat belt sign has be turned off.

Why does the room light only turn on when the switch is moved up? One way switch, I think. It would be neat if the flight attendant would come on, when the switch is flipped in the other direction, and announce that the fasten seat belt sign has be turned off.

Ya, cute but the default 737 the bell works both ways besides after spending what I have over the past few years on this flight simulator my wife said I cannot afford a flight attendant. Ha, ha

Mike G.

Ya, cute but the default 737 the bell works both ways besides after spending what I have over the past few years on this flight simulator my wife said I cannot afford a flight attendant. Ha, ha

Another possibility is that the switch in the 747 is a one-way?

Mmm, I will check.

Mike G.

OK, the 747 only works one way using the knobs on the 2D throttle window. The POSKY models I am working with have the 737 VC and 2D panel and have the two toggles in the VC function but the bell only works one way like the 747 however, I cannot see a corresponding 747 gauge in the POSKY vc section that would be for the seatbelt and no smoking switch that I might change out.

Mike G.

OK, the 747 only works one way using the knobs on the 2D throttle window. The POSKY models I am working with have the 737 VC and 2D panel and have the two toggles in the VC function but the bell only works one way like the 747 however, I cannot see a corresponding 747 gauge in the POSKY vc section that would be for the seatbelt and no smoking switch that I might change out.

OK, now my head is starting to spin! You have a POSKY 747 with a 737 VC and 737 2D panel? What you smokin', boss? Don't think it's legal yet in Nevada.

The first thing is yes now that I no longer indulge in that foolish behavior here in Reno Pot is now legal, no kidding! No I am not flying a POSKY 747, I have yet to get a 747 of the ground. Ha! Ha! I see that the 737-800 panel he is using a few 737-400 gauges I did not see any 747 gauges that would indicate using the same one way switch and another thing is that one of the toggles does work sometimes in a couple of the airlanes I have been playing with. May I need to go back to smoking! I have gotten better at taking off and landing the 737-800 though. If I have confused you I am truly sorry as well. Being retired now I obviously have to much time on my hands wondering why the seatbelt and now smoking signs function anyway. I do not smoke cigarettes anymore and I do not use a seatbelt at my desk when flying my simulator either. I did one time accidently added and F16 sound file to my Stearman aircraft that was interesting. I am still going to find out why those toggle switches are only working one way. One more thing as well and there is usually a good reason, why did POSKY and TDS as well not add the:

[NO_SMOKING_ALERT]

filename=CabinAlert

[sEATBELTS_ALERT]

filename=CabinAlert

to the sound.cfg file?

Mike G.

The first thing is yes now that I no longer indulge in that foolish behavior here in Reno Pot is now legal, no kidding! No I am not flying a POSKY 747, I have yet to get a 747 of the ground. Ha! Ha! I see that the 737-800 panel he is using a few 737-400 gauges I did not see any 747 gauges that would indicate using the same one way switch and another thing is that one of the toggles does work sometimes in a couple of the airlanes I have been playing with. May I need to go back to smoking! I have gotten better at taking off and landing the 737-800 though. If I have confused you I am truly sorry as well. Being retired now I obviously have to much time on my hands wondering why the seatbelt and now smoking signs function anyway. I do not smoke cigarettes anymore and I do not use a seatbelt at my desk when flying my simulator either. I did one time accidently added and F16 sound file to my Stearman aircraft that was interesting. I am still going to find out why those toggle switches are only working one way. One more thing as well and there is usually a good reason, why did POSKY and TDS as well not add the:

[NO_SMOKING_ALERT]

filename=CabinAlert

[sEATBELTS_ALERT]

filename=CabinAlert

to the sound.cfg file?

Sounds like fun in Renotown! Haven't been there in a long while. No idea why POSKY and TDS didn't add the No Smoking/Seatbelt alerts. Just lazy I guess. Same reason that TDS inserted the FS2004 737 2D panel.

I just like fooling around with them. Right now on my triple monitor set up I have an Iris P-40 flying around England using the Sataik Multi-Panel with the 747 auto pilot installed so I don't need to babysit the aircraft, I can sight see while I try to adulterate another aircraft on the other computer. If you can get up my way in Sept. My wife has a friend that gets us Reno Air Race tickets every year. Pit Pass, Boxed Seats the whole bit and she will get you one as as well Mr Zippy. Serious, least I can do for all the help you have given me over the past ten or more years.

Mike G.

I just like fooling around with them. Right now on my triple monitor set up I have an Iris P-40 flying around England using the Sataik Multi-Panel with the 747 auto pilot installed so I don't need to babysit the aircraft, I can sight see while I try to adulterate another aircraft on the other computer. If you can get up my way in Sept. My wife has a friend that gets us Reno Air Race tickets every year. Pit Pass, Boxed Seats the whole bit and she will get you one as as well Mr Zippy. Serious, least I can do for all the help you have given me over the past ten or more years.

Thanks for the offer Mike. Went to the Air Races once with my sister and brother-in-law. It was OK, but a little too hot sitting out there watching the planes fly in circles.

Now for my latest discovery......You made me start my Sim and test my POSKY 737 against the default one. The default 737 belt and smoking switches ding both ways when thrown. The POSKY 737 seemed, at first, to only ding in one direction. The trick is to hesitate one or two seconds between switch positions. It will ding in both directions, then!

Nothing gets by me! Yes, it gets hot out in Stead. We usually get out early in the morning because we mostly like the static displays and the pit to take pictures by lunch we use our pit seats with an umbrella to rest and try to make it until the 2:30 3:00 show like last year they had a Harrier demonstration. After five hours though we head home. One year I think 2005 or 2006 this pilot flew his "Jenny" in for display. Beautiful white Jenny. My wife has taken hundred of pictures over the years and then I go online to find a designer's replica. I just recently purchased the Virtavia T-6 Texan because there are several textures that have been down of the real ones that come out here like "Six Cat", the "Two of Hearts" One year the "Snowbirds" came down from Canada to do the show and of course now I have their collection as AI in both FSX and FS9. As you can imagine FSX and FS9 not so much anymore have become somewhat of a hobby of mine.

Mike G.

Wow, If I would just slow down right. Now that I am retired I tell everybody if I knew I was going to get here this fast I would have slowed down! Now if I could figure out why the animations on all the POSKY TDS aircraft trip up my three monitor build. Maybe something to do with the fact you have to resize all the 2D windows in the panel .cfg file or something I have set up in the FSX program on that computer I may never find that one. See I usually test everything on the single monitor and then when I think I will have a lower chance of getting a snag like a CTD or forget to resize a window and then reboot look into the events log find what caused it. Yes, I picked up a lot of tips following you in this forum. I would like to give back helping folks here more but I really am still a novice and I wouldn't want to send out bad advice. If I could let others come over and check out their issue on my own computer wouldn't be so bad since if we screwed up mine I might be able to well I know fix it back and remember not to do the same thing again and believe me I have locked mine up. blue screen and learned how to restart the computer from the last working settings. One thing I did learn if you are not aware I finally found the answer the most people run into using the Saitek Products and this is a big on . You need to go into the BIOS and

go to Advanced>USB and changed the xHCI setting to disabled.

Turn of all your 3.0 usb ports and man all my Saitak stuff works well most of the time sometimes recalibrations are needed but using FSUIPC together with the default control options I have the Pro Yoke, X52 Pro, added the separate Throttle Controls, Pedals, Switch Box and newest Multi-Panel all working together without conflicts. That I though was was some kind of miracle wouldn't you agree? Once in a while all the mapping goes bonkers but using FSUIPC for all the buttons and keys never has to be reset, just the x,y,z axis on everything. Anyway, thanks for listening and now my bells work both ways to Ha! Ha!

Mike G.

Archived