Aerosoft A320 Installation Question

Goggles

I have purchased the A320 from Steam for FSX SE.

Though it has apparently downloaded successfully - in my DLC it appears as Installed- the aircraft does not appear in my 'Select Aircraft'.

In the DLC it appears as,

FSX Steam Edition: Airbus A320/321 Add-On Installed

FSX Tool Aerosoft Airbus Central Folder Installed

How do I activate it to get it to appear in my 'Select Aircraft' page?

In My Computer, it appears in DLC > 500201 and there, there is a list of files,

DLCCConfig data

Aerosoft

Documents

Effects

Fonts

SimObjects

DRMFlag

Encodeddata.sec

EncodedData

How do I get the aircraft to appear on the 'Select Aircraft' page in FSX?

look in the aircraft.cfg file in the [FltSim.01] section for a line like:

ui_manufacturer="Boeing"

That is how the aircraft shows in the select aircraft screen.

It may not say airbus there. For example many Posky aircraft don't show as manufacturer

Boeing

but as

Project Open Sky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One day after my purchase, when I booted up the computer and loaded FSX, more A320 files started to download, with the end result the A320 now appears in the Select Aircraft stable.

This happened almost 24 hours after the download of the first batch of files, and the notification of Installed.

The end result is good, I've got a A320 sitting on the runway, but the Steam 'delivery' was bad. Steam should warn purchasers of possible staggered delivery when files are downloaded, and a message to say that there are more files on the way would be helpful. In this case it took almost 24 hours.

Is there a user's manual for the aircraft included in the package and if so where can I find it?

Thanks for the inputs.

It may not be that the steam delivery process is bad.....

I suspect that the first download was the base model and the subsequent download is additional add on textures.

Following install, the base model may have required a reboot to take place so that data written into the OS registry was saved and the install completed - it is worth noting that when data is written into the registry it is normally done so as a 'temporary' entry until a reboot takes place to save the data. This would then allow the addons to 'find' the base model and install. This is standard practice for many products that have additional 'repaints' available that have been added to the pack since its initial creation.

WRT the manual - it will probably be in the Documents folder location you have listed in your OP.....

Regards

Brian

I haven't succeeded in locating the user manual. I'll keep looking.

Another question - I want to set up the plane in a cold dark state. How do I do that?

At the moment, it loads with the engines running and until I learn the flight controls I don't know how to switch everything off.

I'm using FSX:SE.

I haven't succeeded in locating the user manual. I'll keep looking.

Another question - I want to set up the plane in a cold dark state. How do I do that?

At the moment, it loads with the engines running and until I learn the flight controls I don't know how to switch everything off.

I'm using FSX:SE.

Not sure how you can even attempt the latter without successfully completing the search for the former?

This is NOT a `don't bother reading the fine manual` aircraft.

If in doubt, ask in the only correct place - the Aerosoft forum. But before you do, have you tried the Windows Menu - Aerosoft...?

WRT the manual - another possible location for it maybe in a folder called Aerosoft located in main route direct of the FSX-SE itself (i.e......SteamApps\.......\FSX. If you still can't locate it try a google search or look at ~Aerosoft's webpages/forum.

To get a cold and dark state you will need to switch off all the switches, most of which will be located on the overhead panel. Once you have done that, to stop it reloading with engines running you will need to the save the flight and set it as the default flight.

Regards

Brian

Archived