Downloaded HJG texture not showing in FS9

liner simpilot

Hi simmers, I just added another airlines to existing HJG aircraft. As you can see by the print screens, I have downloaded several airlines the B-727-200 by HJG. Example National Airlines shows up in FS9, and Northeast doesn't. Sometimes we need an extra set of eyes as the CFG is busy. I looked at the words I see both have Sim=B727200_VL, in the print screen. Is ther something missing? Many thanks Kenny

The CFG for HJG B-727-200.jpg

Inside CFG list B-727-200

Inside HJG B-727-200 aircrsft list.jpg

Inside HJG B-727-200 aircraft list

Hi Kenny! The only thing I saw different in the 2 texture folders was a readme in the Northeast folder that stated this texture was for an Eric Cantu model available at AVSIM.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Everything looks good to me but it could be down to a 'non displaying' character such as a 'space'.

For example, there could be an space after the Panel= entry - this would effectively tell the sim not to display the texture in the same way as any other character/statement used to disable the view.

Likewise, if a space has been placed at the end of the sim= or texture= entries or in the folder filename it will have the same effect.

Another possibility, based on the limited folder view screenshot and my use of other HJG models (don't have the 727 but have plenty of the 707 mil models) is that the Northeast texture makes use of a different model than the National texture. Based on my experience some models have a baseline model folder, called model, and other model folders such as the model.TL folder seen in the screenshot.

If that is the case here an entry pointing to it may be required - simply change the model= entry by adding TL after the = sign (e.g model=TL)

Regards

Brian

The Northeast texture does work and works well. The NE B727-200 and NE DC-9 are all I fly anymore in FS9. If the OP wants I can look at what I have installed and see if there is a mistake somewhere.

Just caught up with and are looking at this thread now.

Kenny posted this report on the HJG forum last weekend .... and which is where all the best support for HJG products is provided .... although based on both the screenshot and text evidence provided by Kenny below .... GKKNUPPER's advice is actually "right on the money" .... in that the MODEL= data line within the supporting FLTSIM.XX needs to be edited to read "TL"

There's nothing wrong the with the texture .... or base pack .... other than the minor imposition of having to "manually edit" the FLTSIM.XX based MODEL= data line in accordance with the base pack Model folder name .... as this NE B727-200 subject is one of the pre-October 2015 texture releases which do support have this data by default.

I have provided all this advice to Kenny on our own forum ....

http://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/9043/northeast-airlines-texture-b727200-vl

.... but .... he's not got back to us, so, there's not much more I/we can do until he does.

MRC

HJG

Archived