Textures not loading...

marciano

Hello experts,

Please excuse me if the question has already been asked, I couldn't find it...

Sometimes I use a jet fighter for low altitude flights, using the HUD to fly low above the ground. In such situation, I see the ground textures from a close distance, and I see they often become blurry, especially when I fly in Corsica with FranceVFR beautiful textures. I mapped the Ctrl-F12 key to the "reload texture" event and it works, each time I see blurry textures, I press Ctrl-F12, I see a loading popup window briefly and the textures are fine again.

Is there a way to have the textures automatically refreshed as the aircraft flies?

Or is it just impossible because my jet fighter flies too fast?

Thanks for your help,

Eric

Hi Eric, I find that anything over 160kts at 5000ft or less causes photoscenery to blur. The FS9 game engine can't process the graphics fast enough - maybe in FS9, photoscenery was intended for small areas such as airport backgrounds instead of entire regions?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Its more or less true what tiger1962 said when I fly with the UK photo scenery, things that I find help is running a program like Advanced System Care (free version) to clean windows and a free registry cleaner I use Eusing Free Registry Cleaner. Keeping the hard disk defragged is essential and lastly applying the tweaks to from my wed site to a fresh copy of the FS9,cfg . Link below.

Howard

Web : http://biggles11.wix.com/the-natural-world

Mail : biggles11@btinternet.com

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004916148824 (Sorry No Friends please)

Archived