Albert Ross

Thanks.

Nice repaint, you should take it along the Ohio river valley, where there are a few official water runways... should make interesting flying. I'm planning to do it soon.

W11 Home. Intel Corei7-14700K 3.4Ghz 28cpu.

Nvidia Geforce RTX4040Ti Super. ASUS ROG Strix B650 Mobo.

1 TB Samsung 990m2 SSD.

Thanks.

Nice repaint, you should take it along the Ohio river valley, where there are a few official water runways... should make interesting flying. I'm planning to do it soon.

Funny you'd mention that! I've been an Ohio River boater for years. A friend of mine has a seaplane and lands it in the river, throws his anchor out, and acts as though it were an anchored out motor boat. ;) He also has been known to water taxi around in it as if it were a boat as well. He says he can't afford both so he just keeps a plane that floats!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

No, that's way too fancy and new as well!! I don't know what it is.

The Albatross, which is actually named after Albert Ross who was the builders' mentor, was made in the early 1920's. And if you put a prop on the front and an overhead wing, you could pretty easily imagine it as an airplane of that era. BTW: Sorry this shot is so small! Rather than spend a lot of time looking I just used the picture in Wikipedia.

Albatross.jpg

Michael

That's the 1939 Albatross by the Albatross Car Co. New York.

This aircraft suggests that the designers were unclear as to whether they were designing a car or an aircraft

W11 Home. Intel Corei7-14700K 3.4Ghz 28cpu.

Nvidia Geforce RTX4040Ti Super. ASUS ROG Strix B650 Mobo.

1 TB Samsung 990m2 SSD.

According to Wikipedia the Albatross motor car I pictured was a 1923 model.

Based on the picture you posted, I really wonder WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!??

Michael

Apologies Michael, you taught me something here. I was trying to be clever by using the name Albert Ross = Albatross, I never knew anything about the real Albert and his link with the aircraft etc, so thanks for posting and the info.

Col.

Apologies Michael, you taught me something here. I was trying to be clever by using the name Albert Ross = Albatross, I never knew anything about the real Albert and his link with the aircraft etc, so thanks for posting and the info.

Col.

Don't apologize! You were right!! Albert Ross does = Albatross, both car and airplane. ;) Like Henry Ford = the Ford, Model T and Tri-Motor! Back then, it truly was a much smaller world!

Think of all the diverse machines named after Edison, Watt, Budd, etc.

Michael

Archived