How many Ghz to run Orbx & PMDG smoothly!

Hi I want to get an Intel Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz (4.30GHz Turbo) Hex Core Coffee Lake Processor How many Ghz is required to run smoothly, given the following situation:

-PMDG/Aerosoft

-Orbx Global,Vector & England

-Heathrow

-Ultimate Traffic live

-Ollie :)

Based on my experience, Id say you'll probably be pretty happy with that running at 4.3 but certainly not with your sliders real high.

Both Heathrow and UTL are pretty dense.That's one reason I typically try to choose my add-ons for any given flight. Using a PMDG as well as so much else can cause issues on pretty much any system I'm aware of. You might want to prioritize and not use all of that at the same time.

I'm running a i7 at 4.7G with DDRS 4 Ram and I'd probably be making choices or short flights! :o

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

The thing with FS is that it's mostly a CPU driven game, and to make matters worse it's only single threaded, and to make matters even worse it's only a 32 bit application. What this means is that you can buy the most expensive CPU you can get and you'll still have some performance issues. Since FS isn't multi threaded a hexacore isn't going to do much at all. And with the game being only 32 bit that means it will only use 4 GB of RAM less what other things needed to run on your PC.

What you need is the fastest single core capable CPU you can afford.

I'm not sure how accurate these results are, but this is the single threaded comparison. Keep in mind anything coffee lake will need Windows 10.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

With the PC shown in my Sig, I have the FPS locked down to 25 and I get that in most areas of the game except at my FSDreamTeam airports, New York and now I see Mexico City since it's full of buildings. I have my AI set to 40% and I got rid of the airport vehicles. I don't use Hi Def clouds either. My settings are set at moderate. I think my scenery density is very dense.

Looks fine. I can't remember what I have, but you may want to turn down global texture resolution to just high. For auto Gen I would use very dense since some add-on airports require it otherwise you may not see jetways. For my land and sea traffic I turned up the sea traffic to max and set road vehicles to about 40%.

They say you should use anti-aliasing in the GPU, but despite me doing that I still had very bad graphics. So you may want to turn that on in game.

Awesome, thanks guys!

(My GPU is a GTX 1060)

Summary

===============

Turn down Global texture resolution to high

Adjust autogen

Not run settings to MAX (not doing anyway)

And should be able to run smoooooth at London Heathrow with Aerosoft Airbus :)

Archived