Moving map (inflight)

pah

Random question for you:

I am planning a party for someone who is really into flight simulation. We were thinking of having a themed party where the theme is onboard a flight -no cliché is to be spared ;) The venue will have some TV screens and it would be great if we could have an inflight-entertainment moving map up and running, that would show the progress of the "flight". moving-maps.jpg

I know the world of flight simulation has a ton of stuff, so i had hoped that it might be possible to find some software like this, but after quite a bit of googling I only find maps that pilots would use, and that's not gonna work.

Something like this, but a version you could run locally on a PC is what I am after.....

Anyone got any tips on something that might work?

Thanks in advance!

Flightaware will let you do this: https://uk.flightaware.com/

Just search for your departure and arrival airport by city name, and choose from a list of flights. You'll want one that's already under way on the night.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived