Don't buy flight world simulation

John Snyder Jr

Just a warning for anyone wanting to venture into another flight simulator.

*****DON'T BUY THIS SOFTWARE***** I purchased this software last week as it really looked like it had a lot of potential and another sim to add to my collection. Unfortunately that was not the case :( I have a state of the art system and a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. The software runs on this machine but it's very erratic and right on the verge of unplayable. The Logitech joystick is another story, no control whatsoever over the aircraft. I've done a lot of research on the internet and apparently this is a problem lot's of people are having. I'm a 20+ year flight simmer so it's not like this is my first rodeo. I really think in the future with lot's of updates this will be the flight sim to have but right now it's not. Another toy on the market that was released without an quality control. I contacted Dovetail about these problems and requesting a refund and they refused. There customer service is no better than the product. The main purpose of this post is to warn others so you don't get stuck with a $40 piece of software that's unusable. Hopefully in the near future they'll fix all these problems and I'll get to use this flight sim but right now it's a no go :(

One man's opinion. My software runs great. Smooth as silk. Maybe you should be asking whats wrong.

P.S. You should have put this under FSW, not FSX.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

*****DON'T BUY THIS SOFTWARE***** I purchased this software last week as it really looked like it had a lot of potential and another sim to add to my collection. Unfortunately that was not the case :( I have a state of the art system and a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. The software runs on this machine but it's very erratic and right on the verge of unplayable. The Logitech joystick is another story, no control whatsoever over the aircraft. I've done a lot of research on the internet and apparently this is a problem lot's of people are having. I'm a 20+ year flight simmer so it's not like this is my first rodeo. I really think in the future with lot's of updates this will be the flight sim to have but right now it's not. Another toy on the market that was released without an quality control. I contacted Dovetail about these problems and requesting a refund and they refused. There customer service is no better than the product. The main purpose of this post is to warn others so you don't get stuck with a $40 piece of software that's unusable. Hopefully in the near future they'll fix all these problems and I'll get to use this flight sim but right now it's a no go :(

If you purchased the product through Steam you can ask for a refund (if your game time happens to be below a certain point).

Also, just because you happen to be experiencing hardware/performance related issues, doesn't mean this will be the case for everybody. I use FSW from time to time and whilst it's not my main simulator, it's still pretty good in certain areas (performance has never been an issue).

Could you possibly list the components of your state of the art system?

Maybe some of the members here can help you:D

I'm perfectly happy with it. Runs flawlessly and fast. No hardware issues whatever. Frankly I have always had much bigger issues with FSX. I've flown everything since FS3. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm sure you'll sort them out with a little time and patience. -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

State of the Art System? Why so coy? Name it. In detail please.

Must say Every one of your opinions is NOT reflected in my limited experience of the same software and I've been simming (and flying for real) for thirty years, and you seem to have thirty minutes, rather than the 20 years you claim.

And you don't cover the fact that the software remains in development phase, and is readily reimbursable providing you met the criteria so it sounds like an expectation failure rather than a simulator one.

And please use paragraphs. And some justification because as it stands, you haven't justified a single thing.

• 2 years later...