FSX and X-Plane 10 NYC scenery differences

Hi. I've FSX Acceleration and X-Plane10 simulators. I purchased recently New York City X scenery and compared these. FSX hasn't marked streets and roads, but New York City XP scenery instead has them. Why this difference.

Regards.

Finnharrier

FSX KJRA heliport side without streets.jpg

X-Plane KJRA heliport side with streets.jpg

I don't get what you are saying. Are you suggesting you have two different scenery packages for two different sims, then asking why they are different?

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

I'm not sure what you mean by "marked streets and roads" but if I'm otherwise understanding your question, it's something you'll need to ask the developer(s) about. Do be aware that different scenery libraries, different road/railroad display mechanisms, and even different philosophies, make comparing the two sims somewhat like apples and oranges.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hi I didn't mean mixed up thread, using two simulator screenshots helping to light my question. Let's put it this way. Has anyone of Forum members who have this scenery, traffic runninig " on the grass"? When I like to enjoy NYC on birdseye view for example with helo, I use X-Plane10. Streets are marked as expected. It's fun to land side of the street and watching traffic. Central Park area is one of my favorities.

Regards.

Pertti K.

My motto is: Finnish people easy to finish.

Archived