P3D v4.2 Map Icons and symbols oversized!

firehawk936

All of my maps/GPS in P3D have oversized Icons and symbols including Airports, NDBs, VORs, Intersections, Airspace lines, etc.

I have tried the following to solve the issue:

• Checked for a key assignment to change map icons/font size.
    Checked for a file that could be causing this issue, or the file that draws the maps and its icons.
    Changed Windows Text Size from 125% to 100%. This Worked! Unfortunately, it makes every single thing on my PC and on my sim smaller, to the point where text is unreadable, so this cannot be a feasible workaround.
    Checked P3D.cfg for possible location to change map size.
    Uninstalled and Deleted P3D folders per this guide: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/512291-uninstallingdeactivating-prepar3d-v3-v4/. Then Reinstalled.

Does anyone know what file(s) P3D reads to draw the map with its icons and symbols, or has had this issue before? I simply cant do a Windows 7 reinstall, too many important things to risk losing. I do understand that this could be my last option to fix this issue.

OS.JPGOS2.JPG

17" 1920x1080 Laptop Display | Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (FSX) | NVIDIA GTX 860M (P3D v4) | Intel® Core i7-4810MQ CPU @2.80GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Mallcott @Jorgen.s.anderson

I actually have the NVIDIA GTX 860M running with P3D (I verified). Sorry! I guess I forgot to put that in my signature, Ill go ahead and update it lol.

Josh

17" 1920x1080 Laptop Display | Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (FSX) | NVIDIA GTX 860M (P3D v4) | Intel® Core i7-4810MQ CPU @2.80GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It might be worth trying to scroll the zoom of the Location window with the mouse wheel.

It's difficult to tell whether there is actually anything wrong with the zoom or the icons, but the GPS window appears in scale and it wouldn't be the case if there were something wrong with the icons.

The Location window is designed to be zoomed in and out

Location window? So like a panel window? I tried clicking the GPS panel (to make sure it was in focus) then tried to scroll.. unfortunately nothing happened unless im doing something wrong. I tried it both docked and as an undocked window.

Josh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not the GPS window - that is zoomed in and out by the arrows on the upper right side of the instrument, The LOCATION window in the GUI with the `change airport` and `change location` instructions. Left click in the panel itself then scroll the mouse wheel.

Archived