Afcad editor

BONDENO

Airport Design Editor is freeware except if you want a specific editing feature added. In FS there are two layers for airports. One is the design visual editor similar to AFCAD and the other is the facilities layer which includes approach path layouts. ADE does both.

In addition ADE accommodates editing the more modern SDK rules. If you edit a more modern airport design (one created beyond the original SDK rules with AFCAD) it could it could corrupt the file or leave out important parts. ADE allows you to place scenery objects on the airport as long as they are in standard formats.

As an example an navaid added with AFCAD would not show on the MS maps nor enhanced cockpit displays. ADE placed navaids properly show on the instrument maps.

There are two steps to creating an afd type file with ADE. First you do the airport design editing which creates an ADE internal project file. You then run it through the ADE compiler step to create the bgl file.

Projects with non fatal errors will compile and they will be shown in an error table. Fatal errors will be in the table but the .bgl file will not be created.

ADE will open an airport from either project file (used for re-editing) or open from an existing .bgl file creating the project file in the process. In ADE you can save the airport as a project file or skip that and go directly to a bgl file which for editing changes involved means the recreation on the project file has to be reprocessed.

Here is the ADE site which includes tutorial manuals and add-on utilities:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/home/4584106797

For just the simple editing as in AFCAD you'll find the procedures very familiar.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not part of Windows 10, you can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=15697

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yes, I have it installed with no problems.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived