Voice Buddy

usb777

Any body ever try "Voice Buddy" voice recognition with FSX? I am working with voice control of my FSX and though the built in windows voice recognition does simple things and the VVAC systems will take some time for me to learn "and I will I hope" just trying different approaches.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Mike, I believe that's the program I used about ten years ago. I remember having to buy a special headset to use it. I remember it was almost like having a "copilot" sitting next to you. I had to "train" the program and rerun the "learning exercise" a couple of times, but after awhile, it worked quite well. I remember using it for simple things like gear, flaps, AP alt. select and Hdg select. I think it was capable of "performing" in other games as well as FSX. I'll have to dig it out... It was loaded on a computer that died a few years ago..If it's the one I had, it's pretty neat. terry

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

a review here on FlightSim.com https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?1568-Review-of-Voice-Buddy-3

I've used less-expensive Voice Attack a little on FSX and other programs. Usefullness will vary depending how many things you want to control; it is not natively programmed for anything in particular so you must instruct it for each individual application. I rarely use voice control in FSX but depend on it extensively in Star Citizen.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

I read that it did not like a headset usind a usb plug, I have a wireless microphone headset I wanted to use but have an olber one using the 1/8" jacks as well.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I just figured out how to use GlovePIED45Free! Totally cool!

Mike G.

I use Voice Attack with P3DV4 for controlling the ATC. I also use it for iRacing, Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen. For $10 it is a great program and if you don't want to customize it yourself there are some great free and pay voice packs for it. :) Good Luck with your Quest.

Thanks! I believe I will try that as well.

Mike G.

Archived