Can't add repaints in FSX with Windows 10

loliver

Hi all! Please forgive me if this question has been answered before. I looked through the other topic headers and didn't see anything like this problem.

About a year ago I upgraded my computer and it came with Windows 10, unfortunatly. I got FSX with Acceleration to load and it works pretty good. However, when I try to change the Aircraft.cfg file to add repaints, add gauges, etc. a pop up says I don't have permission to do that, or it tries to save it as a .txt file. I've tried to save the file in Admistrator and Guest mode and it does the same thing. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

Linus

Go Control Panel, click on User Accounts, and then click on Change User Account Control Settings. Drag the slider all the way to the bottom (Never notify) and then click OK. Done..........Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Another option for those who do not want to turn off UAC is to take ownership of the top level folder and any sub-folders and files.

This involves a relatively simple change to the security permissions assigned to the folder.

Search google using the phrase take ownership of folders in OS Name (e.g take ownership of folders in Win 10).

Regards

Brian

Archived