Installed Freeware disappears in Steam

watchur6

I have tired to load several freeware planes to Steam. I know all about the folders to choose and have been very careful installing them. They appear in the correct steam folders and everything looks cool. No messages on the install. One used an auto install and one was manual. They are both where they should be but when I start FSX they are not in the aircraft menu. Where are they?

In steam they may need to go in a folder that starts with DLC (And then a long number).

Hi, il! I mentioned this a while ago on the AVSIM site about freeware not showing up on the Aircraft Selection page in FSX-SE. The only response back I got was the the DLC was used for payware bought from the Steam site. If memory serves, the thread, here, a few months ago was the installation of a Steam-bought F-16 or similar fighter jet.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It seems that after the dlc folder exists (after installing payware) that's where freeware needs to be too. (for some people, not all.)

We had threads before on flightsim.com where installing freeware there solved it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived