saitek switch panel fuel pump swith not working

as the title name suggest I was just flying and when I did my run up and every thing the fuel pump switch was working. and now it is not even when I go to the panel test page it does not work but the rest of the switches do. any one else have this problem? and if so how did you get it working again?
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

It seems a switch(mechanical) issue but, what software are you using to control your panel ?

The Saitek soft, or SPAD, or directly with FSUIPC ?

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

It seems a switch(mechanical) issue but, what software are you using to control your panel ?

The Saitek soft, or SPAD, or directly with FSUIPC ?

well apparently it's the switch that's not working. cause I tried the panel on a different computer and the fuel pump switch still does not work but the rest do. so I guess I need a new panel

i don't understand how just one switch can quit working. but I ordered a new panel in hopes that that's the problem. if not it's a computer issue. but I don't think so cause I tried the switch panel on my laptop and all switches except the fuel pump switch works. so it leads me to believe it's the panel. :(

I had a similar problem with one rocker switch. I grabbed the switch and wiggled it back and forth a few times and it worked and has been working for several months now.

Worth a try.

I tried that to and it's still not working. so I have a new panel on the way. these make flying easier but they sure do seem to have problems.

• 7 months later...
I tried that to and it's still not working. so I have a new panel on the way. these make flying easier but they sure do seem to have problems.

For future users, I had this issue with an older switch panel. A few switches stopped working while the panel still was in good condition. After much messing around including opening the panel up I found the only solution.

As mine was three years old warranty was already void. So I took a common contact lubricant (WD40 should work), I sprayed the switches as much as I could so it would reach inside the switch. I sprayed both the front panel and the inside and left the panel for 15mins.

Voila!

The switches started to work! I guess they just got rusty or soiled along the way.

Hope this helps any future users who have this issue. It saved me $100!

Shez

For future users, I had this issue with an older switch panel. A few switches stopped working while the panel still was in good condition. After much messing around including opening the panel up I found the only solution.

As mine was three years old warranty was already void. So I took a common contact lubricant (WD40 should work), I sprayed the switches as much as I could so it would reach inside the switch. I sprayed both the front panel and the inside and left the panel for 15mins.

Voila!

The switches started to work! I guess they just got rusty or soiled along the way.

Hope this helps any future users who have this issue. It saved me $100!

Shez

this is kind of an old thread now. I got a new switch panel since I made this thread. and before my first flight of the day I test the switches with the test panel software before flying. to make sure they all work. but thanks for the information

Archived