Hotas X rudders question

captain911

Hey guys, first of all I do have Thrustmaster hotas x joystick and their flight pedals and since i install the pedals cant use the rudders from the throttle (actually sometimes works some dont), I prefer to use the rudders from the throttle when im taxing around the airport and cant figure out how i can do that. Is there anything i can do for it? Thanks in advance.

what you mean can you explain further? thanks

A one sentence reply was as simple as I can make it. You cannot reasonably assign two different controllers to the same function (well actually you can, but it's very difficult with the rudder pedal function specifically) so all you need to do is separate rudders from steering.

Steering on the ground is NOT accomplished by the rudders, except in some light aircraft, but rather through steering the nosewheel.

FSX approximates this with the Autorudder key which interlinks steering with your controller and allows ground steering with the joystick. You will want the yaw damper OFF for this to work. It's a basic menu function of FSX.

You can also use FSUIPC registered version to take advantage of the wider range of controls it offers and set the throttle up as a controller for nosewheel steering specifically.

Archived