Bronco II

Rupert

No I don't mean the Ford Bconco II. It was actually renamed the Ford Explorer when people noticed the Bronco II turned turtle a lot. So Ford fixed the problem. When it came time to remodel the ride, they made they same vehicle they had planned, still based on the Ranger, and called it the Explorer instead. ;)

I realized 1. With that set of camo the Bronco would look more appropriate in Iraq with no one shooting at it. 2. I didn't show a decent shot of the virtual cockpit. So this is the Bronco II posting. And yes if you'll notice, even the warning panel works correctly. See the low fuel warning light for the external fuel tank just turned on. :cool::cool:

Michael

Bronco.jpg

virtual2.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Was that a close support plane! Once again, I think it might have been a predecessor to the Warthog.

Yes,

Though I was wounded and disabled out of the Corps before this plane was introduced in Nam, based on the weaponry I'd say it's definitely a close support plane.

As to the Warthog. I have no knowledge. That was probably at least fifteen years later. But I agree, despite the Warthog being a turbo-jet and single seater, there are enough similarities that is possible.

Michael

There is no doubt in my mind that maybe you should stick with the four wheel version Michael, with all those flashing lights. :D Couple nice ones! :)

Adam in my time combat flying we almost always took off over gross. Often way over gross!! And that's only one low fuel warning showing on the Bronco. Often if we completed a mission without all the fuel warning lights being on that meant we tanked too much fuel and could have carried more on the way out!

In fact I can remember one mountain crash recovery trip in California where we started off every flight with the low fuel warning lights already on. Carrying more fuel we couldn't have hovered at that altitude. In the valley we had a portable refueling bowser. We'd take off, fly to the crash area and hover about 10-15 minutes max while hoisting body bags out, then return, drop off the bags, refuel and do it again. We did that with two planes for three days to get all the bodies out. :eek: :eek:

Thankfully that was my worst personal flight experience in the states!!

Michael

Archived