installing airfield buildings in fsX

flyingrailman

As a relative newcomer to fs I am bemused as to the instructions given with third party ww2 airfields for the UK. After following enclosed instructions I still am not getting any of the building to show. If anyone knows what is wrong please let me know?(unless the camouflage is that good)??. Also does anyone know of decent scenery for the island of MALTA both modern and WW2?.

WRT to the missing objects - I suspect that you are missing one or more Object Library(ies). Object libraries are a collection of static objects like buildings etc that need to be installed separately. Read any readme files included to determine what libraries are required, download them and then install them as separate scenery items as you would any other scenery. Note that you only need ONE copy of each library installed.

For example, many of the WWII scenery files that I have downloaded requires the Ted Andrews RAF Building Object Libraries. This is a series of the libraries that contain WWII and immediate post war objects - they can be installed as single libraries or combined into one large library.

As a starter I suggest that you do an advanced search within the file library here at Flightsim as follows

A. Open the File Library, selecting the Advanced Search option.

B. Change the top field titled 'Search only file section:' by clicking on the menu expansion arrow - select the FSX: FSX Scenery Objects option.

C. In the 'this exact wording or phrase:' field type the phrase Ted Andrews and then click on the Start Search button - you should get a list of a dozen or so files to download.

Installing these will likely get you some buildings showing but you may have to download other libraries for the full effect.

For a list of Malta scenery do the same search using Malta as a search phrase or take a look at listing of FSX scenery - found HERE

Regards

Brian

Archived