RE: "Here We Go Again"

Rupert

I truly enjoyed yet another wonderful water landing as shown by His Peerness. So, being a huge fan of ORBX, I wanted to see how my version of ORBX compared to his on the trip from Elma Mun (4W8) and Westport (14S).

Right away I found one difference between his experience and mine. According to my version of FSX both 4W8 and 14S are located in Washington, not Oregon. But, since the states abut, that's probably close enough for the peerage.

I made the flight yesterday in a Cessna Caravan and today in my Lear Jet. I'll show more than one screen shot from each day just to show how the weather can change. Yesterday the wind was from the East and conditions were mostly dry. Today in both cases the reverse was true. Winds from the Northwest and including some snow.

to 4w8.jpg

Takeoff from 4W8.

Appr4W8.jpg

Approach 4W8.

Final 4W8.jpg

Final 4W8

Appr.14S.jpg

Approach 14S yesterday in the Cessna

Near14S.jpg

Westbound near 14S in the Lear

Final14S.jpg

Final 14S

Parked 14S.jpg

Parked at 14S

We saw lots of water. But TBTG, we didn't get wet or have anything including trees blocking either our approaches or the runway.:D

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

PAH! perhaps the water was frozen in winter! :mad: Or Orbx gave me a tricked version of the West coast, in that case I'll punch their noses!! Here are detailed pics from "my" runway at Westport. Oh and it's Washington indeed, but it's only a few feet from Oregon and there were no Washington signs. Capito?? TSK!

Here are some pics, I had to go by car (another French built and very reliable family sedan) because my plane had some little damage caused by a minor accident earlier this week. Here is my proof:

2018-1-13_22-24-8-750.jpg

2018-1-13_22-26-18-911.jpg

2018-1-13_22-26-42-491.jpg

2018-1-13_22-28-2-991.jpg

2018-1-13_22-29-27-771.jpg

Lots of weeds and other "vegetables" on the runway, dangerous water on both sides and a kind of "Stonehenge"-like barricade halfway. :mad: I'm still upset! PAH! You and your silly Lear!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fine pics. of that beautiful scenery Michael. :cool: :cool: :) Now all you need is a really hot set of wheels like Jan's deux chevaux. :rolleyes: Jan has everything he needs except for a good compass and a pair of water wings. :D

Larry

Hey Jan!

I have nothing except respect for your world-wide adventures!

And yes anyone who will travel anywhere in a S2V is a real slug!! I once owned a '52 MG-TD as my daily driver while flying choppers out of Santa Ana California in the mid 1960s.

After evenings traveling on the Santa Ana freeway where my single tail-light license plate light was the only rearward indication I was traveling at my car's max speed of 70+ mph on the freeway, where everyone else was doing 80mph plus, I knew my TD wasn't the thing to own in So. Cal.

So I sold my MG-TD for $495 and paid another $500 to buy a Triumph 650 Bonnievile motorcycle. Although the rear light wasn't any brighter than that on the MG-TD, since I was often cruising at 100mph or so, that wasn't an issue.

Having said all of that. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!! Last summer I spent a couple of weeks in So. Cal. and while driving a rental car I never made it up to even 65mph on the same freeways we used to travel 24/7 at 80mph plus! But since I was the only one on the freeway who actually was looking out the windshield rather than at their smartphone, perhaps that's how people stay alive today! TBTG!! I'm not among that worthless non-looking ahead group!!

Our time has come and obviously gone. But at least we were in charge of our present and also our future!

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I always looked at MG's, always wanted one. I drove a red Austin Healy for a while, but when I had renewed every part I had to do it all over again. What a disaster.... After that I had several Volvo Amazones, they were super! Before the Healy I drove a Saab 92, lots of noise, lots of smoke! But a real classic beauty. And I agree on everything you said! :)
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Michael did you ever see a post where his Peerness didn't have a problem. :D Super shots indeed! :)

I have...and not too long ago, too! forgot which one it was, though...

1+1=cow :p

"WE jumped out a WINdow!" -Baymax (from Big Hero 6)

Could that story of runway be a sort of CIA, or NSA plot?! A one directed against beer-liking Dutchmen who venture into northwestern U.S. vineyards?! :) :) :) :)
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Archived