Curved monitor? Getting close to something.

jettlagg

Not sure, but I did ask Santa for one. I've read a review on Amazon that using something like CAD or whatever to draw straight lines might be an issue. Also, I don't think you want a very high resolution otherwise text will be blurry and/or hard to read. But for gaming I guess they are great! To borrow a line from Tony the Tiger. LOL

I have a curved 34" LG the first model that came in 2015 or 16, upgraded from an Asus 27". Yes it is absolutely great, you get a wide field of view. The problem is that 34" curved is lesser in height than a 27", stealing some from a vertical field. I enabled the "auto-hide taskbar" option to gain another inch but it is still insufficient. The ideal monitor is a 38" that just started coming out, it's height is equal to a 27" conventional so I'd go with that. Unfortunately for me, spending $1200 on a 34" 2 years ago, an upgrade to a 38" is a big bite in the ***.

Also, not clear is the effect on performance, it may be hitting on fps, too few discussions on sim forums.

I have a curved 34" LG the first model that came in 2015 or 16, upgraded from an Asus 27". Yes it is absolutely great, you get a wide field of view. The problem is that 34" curved is lesser in height than a 27", stealing some from a vertical field. I enabled the "auto-hide taskbar" option to gain another inch but it is still insufficient. The ideal monitor is a 38" that just started coming out, it's height is equal to a 27" conventional so I'd go with that. Unfortunately for me, spending $1200 on a 34" 2 years ago, an upgrade to a 38" is a big bite in the ***.

Also, not clear is the effect on performance, it may be hitting on fps, too few discussions on sim forums.

Possibly because users understand that unless the pixel count is increased, there is none...

Archived