Poor Landings

Jim Hall

I began FSX a few years ago with the intention to learn a new skill—navigation. I thought I could do that with the boxed software and minimum hardware. Soon became challenged to fly the Cessna 172, the only airplane I use, and found I needed better hardware. I supersized my hardware and went with Steam. It was difficult as I am not a computer, much less a software guy. A nagging problem is landing. I look at U-tube landings and the plane lines up and stays there pretty much and lands on the centerline. My plane slowly drifts one way or the other, sluggish, and the best I can do is to land somewhere on the runway, just. Always no wind and 65-70 knots. Of course my ILS landings are dead nuts:

My settings:

Control Sens Null

Saitek Rudder 100% 8%

CHS El Yoke

Ailerons 100% 5%

Elevators 90% 15%

Throttle 100% 0%

Saitek Trim Wheel 100% 0% (when first used the plane goes crazy then settles down)

Any ideas?

i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

PS. I hired a CFI at KPVD and found that lining up and landing the real plane is much easier (He actually landed it of course)
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

Hi Jim,

Do you have "gyro drift" set to on in your realism settings? If so, it might help you keep your c172 on track to turn it off.

This is assuming that your joystick is calibrated correctly of course. It might be worth checking your rudder calibration.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Stinger,

Thank you for replying to my post. I have all the realism settings off. I will play with my rudder settings some more and hope for the best.

Cheers

Archived