Real Weather

tbenn52139

Getting an error message when I go to real weather that I have to check my Internet connection or configuration and try again. My Internet is working fine, but I still get this message??? Been at this a long time and this is the first time I can't get real weather???

Any Help would be appreciated.

TBenn

This is a problem both FS9 and FSX have had for a long time. The weather site they use comes and goes. Sometimes it provides the same weather for months, sometimes you can't connect to it, sometimes it works fine.

The best thing to do is to get a third party weather program. Like FSRealWX, AS16, something like that. Trying to rely on the built-in weather download that is included in the sim(s) is just frustrating.

Hope that answers your question...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Getting an error message when I go to real weather that I have to check my Internet connection or configuration and try again.

FS2004 relies on the Internet Explorer software to connect to the weather server believe it or not. To fix the no real weather or the same real weather every time issue, open Internet Explorer and press Ctrl+F5. This will clear and reset the Internet Explorer cache so that FS2004 will make a brand new connection to the weather server instead of using an existing one from the cache.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Kenny, it's Ctrl+F5 in Firefox and other web browsers, they all use Internet Explorer's connection software too.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Strange, I use it all the time and no problem. Got W10 with both Edge and Explorer. Just recall, that about six years ago the download site was down about two days, someone confirmed it to me. Do not remember who. But in general works well.

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

I spent a little time testing FS built in weather over a few weeks recently. It always appeared to "technically" you could say work for me. It just doesn't always work for every location around the world. There can be airports that sometimes work and then sometimes don't. Sometimes it appeared a complete continent might work while another didn't. I can see why some say it works great while others have problems. It likely depends on the part of the world you fly in as some people may fly in areas of the world that work more consistently so those users will report greater success.

As for it's accuracy, it also appeared to be in the ball park on most occasions for most things but the wind for whatever reason always appears to be only half the force of what it should be. If the real location reports 20 knots, FS built in will give you around 10 knots in FS.

Mark Daniels

Archived