controls

neilfb

I am having trouble with my joystick controls. Everything works perfectly apart from the Rudder, which simple refuses to work. I have -- it and everything works as it should. i have tried autorudder but it still refuses to work. Funny think is it works in Prepar3d perfectly. I have looked at both configs and they are exactly the same, it has me baffled.

I have set them up in FSUIPC and they work fine I just can't understand why they don't work in FSX

I am using Windows8

My joystick by the way is a Cadet setup from R.C.Simulations.

Is it just one plane, or all planes?

Is your default flight one you saved off and made default, or the one that comes with FSX? If so, did you maybe have the AP on when you saved off the flight? Have you tried hitting Z as soon as your plane loads in to make sure it's off? You will get the AP OFF tones when you do if it were on. If not, hit Z again, to make sure it's off.

Alternatively, make your default flight the one that FSX comes with. The trike over Friday harbour. A few ways to do that.

Have you tried turning off the Yaw Damper? Press ctrl+D as soon as your plane loads into the world, and see if that permits rudder movement. Take a look in Chase view.

Does this occur only on the ground, but not in the air? Some larger commercial planes have the rudder disabled and use nosegear steering below a certain airspeed. Usually with a tiller, a small steering wheel in the cockpit.

Just trying to think of as many possibilities as I can. Not an easy task this time of day, let me tell you.

More coffee...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I think I've got a few slices of Dutch Apple pie left. I'll ship ya a couple.

Dry ice is a wonderful thing.

Enjoy!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived