Default autopilot gauges aren't working

oceancity1000

Hi all,

I started up my FSX today, went to free flight with the Tom Ruth A330 (which uses the default a321 gauges), and saw that the autopilot gauges were not showing, they were simply just black, while all other gauges worked fine. I checked the default 737 VC as well, same thing there. Don't know how it happened as I have not made a change in any panel or gauge file before this error showed up. I have FSX Steam Edition.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem with the gauges, please reply. Thanks.

20171118195341_1.jpg

I checked now and it seems like it happens on every aircraft I have. I used the a330-300 download.

Knowing that with the T. Ruth downloads there seems to be a lot of copy/paste of default aircraft files to make the A-330-300 work. Hope you didn't actually cut/paste instead. Can I take a wild guess that you do not have a vanilla backup of your entire FSX folder. You may be looking at a Repair of your FSX installation.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Fellows. The cullprint is the latest Windows Update called Fall Creator for Windows 10. In the steam community there are a lot of people seamed up about it. apparently Steam in conjunction with Microsoft are working on a solution. I have the same problem. Hope the fix comes soon. Best Regards Franz Wenger

Hi Fellows. The cullprint is the latest Windows Update called Fall Creator for Windows 10. In the steam community there are a lot of people seamed up about it. apparently Steam in conjunction with Microsoft are working on a solution. I have the same problem. Hope the fix comes soon. Best Regards Franz Wenger

Ok, thanks for telling me ;)

No idea what it is, but it is not that Avionics off. That would make radio, GPS, and VOR/DME indication go blank. But not the autopilot panel.

It is also not because of a missing gauge. Below an image of what it looks like if the autopilot gauge is missing.

I'm thinking it may be because of some electrics being switched off. (perhaps generator/alternator (on/off) switch or something like that.)

Not in this particular aircraft, but I've had something like this happen once mid flight, after switching aircraft mid flight a few times.

Everything just switched off mid flight then.

Reload aircraft command would fix it for about two minutes, then everything went blank again. But that time more was affected then just the MCP panel.

I couldn't get the electrics back to normal then , even after having made an emergency landing and spending some time fixing.

After shutting down the PC and rebooting all was well again.

If the autopilot gauge were missing it would look like this:

Tom_A340-300 AP file missing.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived