Project airbus A380 with pss 340 panel

nbeauchamp

Hi all,

Was thinking whether to post this here or over at project airbus forum but thought I would start here given I want to see if anyone has been successful with the above merge?

For a long time I have been trying to get this to work and after reading a scattering of posts over the net and various forums thought it might be possible, but I'm running into a problem which I can't seem to overcome.

As the title of this post suggests I have downloaded and trying to merge the PA380 with the PSs340 payware panel which I have had for years.

I am only really interested in a 2D cockpit so thought this might be perfect. Generally I have managed to do it and tried playing around with FDE and cfg settings but my panel always seems to have distorted/misaligned and has a lot of blacked out areas where the windows should be? Have attached a couple of pics so you can see. If I drag the panel window down you can see the outside works so it's like the panel screen over the front windows?

Anyone tried this or seen anything like this?

Nothing I change or try seems to change this at all.

Have come across a few issues with the PSS panels before and have always managed to overcome to merge with better looking or newer models.

Still have the 330 panels working with some of the POSKY 330 a/c.

Would be great if anyone has any thoughts

Cheers - and happy weekend!

Nick

cd486f54077e0e5f4b43584eebafb9ed.jpg4a0ce45e7a56027d02264e0e8990081a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like the 2 pics you have included are good panels, see nothing wrong with my eyes. Now, what is the panel attached to, the 340 or the 380? Sounds like this is for the 340.

I have downloaded and used Pasquale Rinaldi panel for FSX 340 and 380. However, when I look in the FS9 panels, I can only find the freeware panel for the 380, a380_fs9.zip. If it's as good as my FSX download, I think you will be happy with it! Give it a whirl, might work for you?

Good luck - Rick

What are you trying to attach a working panel to? The 380 or the 340? I just downloaded a freeware 2d panel and it seem to work for both the 340 and 380.

a380_wide_panel.zip

It's listed for the 380 and for a 16:9 wide panel monitor. I have a 24" wide panel, which is wider than what I originally had, I consider it the smallest of "wide" and the panel works fine with it! In that both the 340 and the 380 are 4 engine aircraft, I hoped the panel would also work with the 340 and it has!

I am very pleased with the panel, only exception that I have and asked for help on, when I slew and when disengaging the slew, alarms go off, A/P, A/T and altitude disengage. Other than that, I really do like this panel!

Try it, might solve your problems? - Rick

Sorry, getting ahead of myself, I keep forgetting this is posted in the FS9 section. This might be a long shot for the FS9, let me go back and look at the details of the download!

Okay, found the FS2004 panel good for both 340 and 380. It is listed as for a wide monitor, similar to what I downloaded for the FSX.

fs2004_a340_a380_panel_16X9.zip Sorry, if I am stepping out of bounds, but I found this on the AVSIM site.

Rick

Sounds like when I experimented with Project Airbus and Ken Mitchell Airbus panels.

I tried running the A320 KM panel with PA A321. N1 wasn't showing properly. It was under powered. N1 with throttles max thrust was like 20% below the white line on N1

I then matched KM A320 panel with PA A320 model. N1 was dead on with full throttle.

Ken Mitchell's gauges are written for a specific model.

Archived