Will FSX std. run on a windows 10?

TheAwesomeCobra

Hello,

I'm sure the question has been asked many times, but all answered very vaguely. Will FSX fully function on a Windows 10? I've heard that many add-ons will not work and you will have to tweak FSX's CFG files. I have a little experience with changing CFG files for aircraft, but it looked like there's a lot that you have to do with FSX's CFG to get it to work properly on Win10. Should I consider getting a newer sim? Or maybe just stick with buying a Win7? If you recommend a specific pc, nothing over ~$300-$400 Also no pc building for me, I do not physically have the time for it. I'd rather have a slow FSX than a fast FS98.

Thanks,

"Cobra"

Sent via 2 tin cans & a string (aka my pc)

I just did a Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade and in order to get FSX to load in Win 10, I had to change the compatibility setting for FSX back to Win 7. Also had to do the same for Active Sky Next. Since doing that, no problems running it at all, HOWEVER, I have noticed a HUGE increase in the amount of time it takes FSX to load once it reaches "loading autogen scenery" at 69%. Same files and folders that I had when running Win 7. I do not know if the change to Win 10 has anything to do with this or not, but from 69% to 100% in Win 7 at about a minute, is now over three minutes plus just for that segment.

I don't think the slow load you have is because of the differnece between win10 and 7.

There may be a hardware issue on yor pc causing it. A driver that needs updating perhaps. Or a cable that is not properly seated. Could be a simple thing.

Could be software too.

It is possible something went wrong wit the update proces from WIn7-->Win10. But I doubt that's it.

If so you would have noticed more then a small slowdown in one situation.

Because it is only this specific moment, I would say most likely is you installed an addon around that time. Or increased a detail slider in your fsx settings or graphics card settings.

The quesion here though is about win10 or win 7 for someone that buys a new pc on the cheap. (only pc he has, not gaming pc.)

So a fresh install.

no problems with a Win7 to Win10 upgrade then.

I would say: get wi10. Win 7 period is pretty much over. More and more software is no longer available or produced for win7.

Even the Microsoft help files and info his being removed by microsoft.

All support guides are disappearing.

No MS-Fixit files to be found either. All gone.

Getting a printer for Win7 is becoming difficult. No drivers.

Plus, for online banking. I would not be surprised if banks started requring users to use Win10 instead of 7.

Would you agree?

Regards!:D

il.

(He started a post yesterday about buying a new pc.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just did a Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade and in order to get FSX to load in Win 10, I had to change the compatibility setting for FSX back to Win 7. Also had to do the same for Active Sky Next. Since doing that, no problems running it at all, HOWEVER, I have noticed a HUGE increase in the amount of time it takes FSX to load once it reaches "loading autogen scenery" at 69%. Same files and folders that I had when running Win 7. I do not know if the change to Win 10 has anything to do with this or not, but from 69% to 100% in Win 7 at about a minute, is now over three minutes plus just for that segment.

I run FSX: Accel on Windows 10 and it loads really quickly, and I have no problems with it.

I don't think the problem you are seeing has to do with Win7 vs. Win10.

Rhett

Wait, sorry I meant The Antikythera Mechanism.

You have it stolen from the museum and repaired? Wow:cool: When is the next eclipse?

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

Hello,

I'm sure the question has been asked many times, but ..............

This is basically the same Q, but asked in a more detailed manner, that you asked on this THREAD.

The answers given in reply are also relevant to this more detailed Q.........

WRT changes required to the FSX.cfg - see my last post in the linked thread......

BUT for clarity as I stated in the post - tweaking is NOT always necessary AND IS NOT A Win 10 thing - it is something that is done in ALL versions of Windows.....

Regards

Brian

Archived