FSX Activation Error

quincysw1

***activation servers were shut down sometime last year***

Hmmm, really?

Just reinstalled FSX (boxed version) and activation worked as it should.

Had to repeat it once due to getting Brian's message,

but the second time worked perfectly.

You don't have an interest in SE sales do you?

LOL

The activation servers are up and running just fine. The servers are responsible for many other MS products besides FSX. I just activated my FSX and Acceleration about 2 months ago.
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

***activation servers were shut down sometime last year***

Hmmm, really?

Just reinstalled FSX (boxed version) and activation worked as it should.

Had to repeat it once due to getting Brian's message,

but the second time worked perfectly.

You don't have an interest in SE sales do you?

LOL

My bad, I though I saw something about the servers being shut down.

And, I will admit that I am a "proponent" of SE for two reasons: No more "physical" media to fool with, and no more "activation issues". :)

Assuming you're running Win10

Open the registry editor and navigate to "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}"

Edit the UpperFilters string to read "PartMgr" (NOTE it is case sensitive)

Close editor and restart FSX, you should be able to activate it

If time and date on the pc are not set correctly there can be a problem reaching the server.

Make sure it is set correctly in BIOS. Then synchronise time with server in Windows as well.

If you later notice the BIOS time is off again, after shutting down the pc for a night, and rebooting next day, then the BIOS battery may be empty and need replacing.

Another possibility is that a third-party software running on your pc is interfering with activation. For example a virus scanner or firewall. But could be something else as well.

To get around that, do a "clean boot". That way no third party apps are started.

Then activate.

Afterwards make sure the computer boots normally again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I recall activating a few years back and the Tech that helped me put together the new build when we went to reinstall the activation problem came up and he called the phone number and took down the numbered key and it worked. He then told me that is all it wants is the number so save it if I needed to reinstall in the future. I have kept that number but never had to or try to use it though I did reinstall on another computer but I believe the reinstalls have something like a twice within six months something like that. I could be wrong on the whole thing but I feel the aggravation though I have or must have reinstalled my FSX ten times on four different computers in the last ten years seems it is always a pain in the tail gunner's seat if you know what I mean.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Archived