Runtime Error 6025

quincey

I have been having Runtime Error 6025 stall FS2004 lately. It only seems to happen on my setup around Fairoaks airport EGTF. I have disabled addon scenery for this area but not solved the problem. I then checked out EZ Scenery Library and found the following. The scenery folder contains files with the following suffix:-fsc, mdl, LMT, OUT, txt. I deleted all of these files to leave only bgl and xml files. Also the texture folder contained a lot of jpg files. These were also deleted to leave only bmp files. So far, fingers crossed, this has stopped the error message. This may not be the root cause, but it seems to have worked for me. Hope this is of use.

the only thing i can think of is that the fs9.cfg is messed up now. i would copy the fs9.cfg and put it somewhere safe, then delete the fs9.cfg. Now if you do not know how to find it, simply google search it and there is a tutorial on how to find it. now after you delete the fs9.cfg start fs9 and let it rebuild a fresh copy. that might fix it.

The Symptom appears to be a failure of a Pure Virtual Function Call. This means that a class object, ( from C++ world) is assumed to be instantiated during run time from what is called an abstract class which itself does not have any implementation, but declarations that instantiated derived classes would normally implement in how they define a unique behavior for that function.

The Error is caught as a non recoverable exception - An incorrect version of a DLL, or a missing DLL, or one that has been overwritten; or run-times which are not of the correct version / release would generally be the issue.

In short, working code assumes that a run time function call works - but in reality, the function itself does not exist - There is a gazillion examples but for clarity -

Consider a fictitious Abstract class called Aircraft, which is a laundry list of declarations for what needs to be accounted for in defining and implementing an aircraft. One function that needs to be defined is for example - "Landing Gear" - But for some reason, the working code, unknowingly is referring to a float plane which does not have the landing gear function implemented -

Unless you can walk back what ever has been added into your Sim Configuration, or start incrementally from a fresh install, where you unit test stability before adding further complexity of ad-don's etc to the mix, It is unlikely that such an error will easily go away -

the only thing i can think of is that the fs9.cfg is messed up now. i would copy the fs9.cfg and put it somewhere safe, then delete the fs9.cfg. Now if you do not know how to find it, simply google search it and there is a tutorial on how to find it. now after you delete the fs9.cfg start fs9 and let it rebuild a fresh copy. that might fix it.

Thanks for your advice. Did as you suggested but unfortunately still the same problem. As it only happens in one location (so far !!!) I will fly around that area. Many thanks.

Your answer is much appreciated. I have tried removing scenery from the affected area and any other addons that may have caused this problem. I cant face reinstalling FS9 with all the addons I have installed so will take the cowards way out and not fly in the problem area. If the problem gets worse I will have to think again. Many thanks

Archived