How to install a plane

donny46

How's your English reading skills? This is a repaint texture for a payware aircraft. Not an aircraft ready to fly in X-Plane. A complete aircraft will have a GOLD checkmark.

X-Plane - X-Plane General Aviation X-Plane 9 And 10 Piper Archer EC-DOX

[ Download | View | Video ]

Name: ec-dox.zip

Size: 8,806,789 Date: 09-03-2014 Downloads: 182

ec-dox.gif

X-Plane 9 And 10 Piper Archer EC-DOX. A repaint for the payware Carenado Piper PA28-181 Archer II. This classical Piper livery represents the Spanish registered EC-DOX. The real aircraft is based at Tenerife Norte, Aeroclub de Tenerife. By Antonio Navarro.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It's difficult to figure this out as the wording is (purposely?) vague. They could say 'textures' but use 'paint' instead. These guys figure the longer you read the description the longer they get 'exposure'. As if they were going to win an Academy Award or something.

The easy way to look at file content (to see if there is a 'aircraft.cfg', and a 'model' folder plus the 'texture' folder - at the least) is to click on 'VIEW' to get a peek inside the zip and look at the individual files. You can even click on 'aircraft.cfg' and it will open to show you the paints (ie: different textures) that the ac will have. So...the model and the textures ('paint') go together. Freeware ac will usually be different model so freeware textures won't work on payware model and vice versa.

NOTICE: We always extract to a temp folder. I have a 'X Temp For Installs' folder and I dump every zip I download into that folder. Then I go see what is there and then copy over to where the files belong under \Airplanes folder. I point 'exe' installers to that folder too.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Oh, ok. Then if it says 'textures' then it's FSX and if it says 'paint' it may be X-Plane?

And don't click on 'View' link - that is for FSX (only?) and you won't see anything useful if you fly X-Plane.

And disregard the 'extract to temp folder'. That is for FSX. How it's done for X-Plane I don't know.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived