Help! Classic Wings' Douglas Skystreak gives me a CTD...

Guest brownbee89

Guest brownbee89
So I downloaded (from classicwings.net) and installed Craig Richardson's Douglas D558 Skystreak in FS2004. The aircraft preview loads correctly, but when I go to create flight at default airport, it gives me a crash to desktop; this is the first time I have an aircraft behaving in this manner...the sim runs fine with the multitudes of other aircraft (including Craig's) I have and load at any and all airports...so I have not a clue what gives in this case. Has anyone else here experienced an issue with the skystreak in FS2004? I set the installer to install into the main FS9 folder, not sure if I am supposed to do anything else...Help!

I just tried it in my Sim and it worked and flew OK. I did, however, point the installer to a folder that I created so that I could manually put things where they belonged.

I agree. If it has an auto-installer, that's the only way to fly! :cool:

Good gravy, I still remember those ads on TV... :p

Do that, and your problems will be in the past. Autoinstallers aren't the brightest things in the world...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Good gravy, I still remember those ads on TV... :p

Pat☺

Aha! The little old bird saying "Western Airlines....The only way to fly!" My bro-in-law worked for Western at KSFO back in the late 60's. Ramp-Rat.

western.jpeg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived