Returned to flightsimming using FSX deluxe wondering how to get cockpit to display

robinmaclaurin

Hi; I've been away for a couple of years from flightsimming and have the boxed edition of FSX Deluxe. I have had problems getting it to work properly in Windows 10. Have installed it twice and uninstalled it twice. First install was in default C:blah blah, lots of crashing and stuff I downloaded both SP1 & SP2 and installed them, with limited results to my mind. not being happy uninstalled it and reinstalled a clean on another drive I/: now less crashing etc and then I am trying compatibility mode using Vista 2 seems to be working. Now when I used to sim in FS9 the chosen a/c would open with the cockpit displayed not in FSX why is this and how can I get it to have the cockpit displayed? I am still getting crashes and a message from windows saying they are trying to find the problem which doesn't happen so I don't know what the heck is causing it to crash. Solution is to start again but I would sure like to know what's causing the crash. If anyone has a idea for getting the cockpit to open when I load my a/c I would be very happy. Thanks in advance . Robin:confused:

You said: 'installed in C:blah blah'. So we can assume you then installed it in D: blah blah?

The reason I ask is IF you installed in 'C:Program Files\ blah blah', and then installed in 'I:Program Files\ blah blah', that you will have problems with Window's PERMISSIONS.

And when you say you 'un-installed' then you also deleted all traces of the former install? Including Registry entries? If not you also will have various problems.

And if you had a FSX Commands list you would of found out that to change VIEWS you press the 'S' key (and then the 'A' key). Search here (FltSimCom) library for 'FSX Commands'. You got some reading and some 'work' to do to get FSX going. Don't forget the tweak to FSX.cfg. Unless you have a laptop running less than 3.5 Ghz in which case FORGET about FSX!! Get FS2004 instead.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived