Need some advice and support here, please?

K0HLP

Hi all, my name is Scott. I have been flying with one throttle set for years and came across another throttle set when I was at the local neighborhood yard sales event. When I went to my local computer haunt here in Minnesota they sold me a ps2 USB converter that plugs in to the computer and adapts to the male/female adapter.

Question, is it possible... with out physically wiring them together.... to run two throttle tri's "side by side" or am I out 20.00?

Thanks everyone,

Scott M Palacheck

K0HLP/KE0KPZ

Hi Scott, so your original set is one throttle or 2 throttle levers? Is the 2nd throttle set one or 2 throttle levers? I'm not sure that the Sim will recognize 2 different throttle sets plugged in at the same time...I could be wrong! I thought I was wrong, once, but I was wrong.:rolleyes:

Maybe a little more info might help. Are you trying to control 4 engines separately?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks for replying, first off. I have the original 3 levels that came with my saitek yoke. I found another 3 level set at a yard sale from a kid who had a broke yoke (NPI). he was willing to part with the levers for 20.00 I brought it home and noticed the AVI connection. My local computer store sold me a ps2 - usb conversion cord, it is an OEM cord off the shelf.

I tried to plug the usb with the OEM and the AVI and to no avail...

In other terms I now have 6 levers and only 50% of them work..LOL

Hi,

What the relevance of PS2 and AVI in the context of trying to adapt a controller to work in this situation was what I didn't understand.

I can't imagine anyone not knowing what a PS2 connector looks like; at least over the age of 12 or not being institutionalized for the last 35 years anyway.

I'm not aware of any passive adapter (cable) that allows a gameport controller to work with a USB input. I've tried half a dozen or so that I found in thrift stores trying to get my old Sidewinder to work. Googling hasn't helped either. I should have suggested to Scott that he get his money back.

The only AVI (Audio Video Interleaved) that I'm aware of is the video format that a video camera I have uses. I'm not aware of any alternate meaning that pertains to controllers.

No problem using using multiple controllers as long as properly programmed. I have verified this.

Jim F.

The Saitek yoke has one usb controller board. All the potentiometers from the yoke AND the throttle quadrant connect to it. The round connector does not carry a USB type signal and therefore the plug converter won't help.

The stand alone Saitek throttle quadrant sold separately has its own usb contoller board built in.

To use the yard sale throttle you will need to connect it to a usb controller / encoder. BU0836 chip boards are available from various sources such as Bodnar, desktop aviator and so on.

OR if your computer has a game port

Gordon Hurn

Hey Col,

PS2 to USB adapters may work but I've never seen a controller with a PS2 plug. I know that USB to PS2 adapters work with mice and keyboards and it seems likely that the reverse would work. I suspected that Scott was referring to a gameport output and simply misspoke. I can't guess the significance of his reference to AVI.

Jim F.

Hi il88,

This is getting weird. When I saw your post my first thought was "how could anyone not know what a PS2 plug was?" and then quickly thought he's pulling my leg but I couldn't think of anything equivalent to Google and post the link. I didn't even think of a Playstation but maybe that's what Scott is referring to! And maybe AVI refers to the connector between the Saitek throttles and the yoke. I'm getting too old for this sh...

Jim F.

K0HLP,

This explains about rewiring, (involves soldering), and connecting to a pc.

It's written for X-plane.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/37779-saitek-throttle-quadrant/

To make the throttles connect to FSX will probably require something on top of the wiring effort.

There is an addon for FSX called FSUIPC. I think you will need this to use two throttle sets at once.

When you have a licence for this addon, it allows you to assign all kinds of controllers to FSX. To assign functions. Etc.

To find this thread, I Googled:

saitek throttles connector

You can probably find a lot more info if you Google those words as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AVI plug (slang) is nothing more or less than the good ole RCA plug. I guess that makes me a 'videologist' (hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Thanks for replying, first off. I have the original 3 levels that came with my saitek yoke. I found another 3 level set at a yard sale from a kid who had a broke yoke (NPI). he was willing to part with the levers for 20.00 I brought it home and noticed the AVI connection. My local computer store sold me a ps2 - usb conversion cord, it is an OEM cord off the shelf.

I tried to plug the usb with the OEM and the AVI and to no avail...

In other terms I now have 6 levers and only 50% of them work..LOL

The line about the avi and oem is confusing. If you indeed have a Saitek yoke the throttle quadrant that came with it should have a PS2 plug. I purchased a second throttle quadrant which has a USB plug. So you should be able to use your conversion cord and plug it into the back of the yoke. You just purchased the original quadrant that came with the broken yoke.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

The line about the avi and oem is confusing. If you indeed have a Saitek yoke the throttle quadrant that came with it should have a PS2 plug. I purchased a second throttle quadrant which has a USB plug. So you should be able to use your conversion cord and plug it into the back of the yoke. You just purchased the original quadrant that came with the broken yoke.

EGSJR please read my post from earlier in this thread. The throttle quadrant purchased separately is a different product to that of the throttle qadrant supplied with the yoke. I know because I have both and been down this subject line before.

I guess it might be possible to open up the yoke and see if there are any spare connections left on the yokes USB controller board (doubtful given 5 axis and so many buttons) and assuming that the board is not a bespoke design which it probably is.

My ealier post still stands

Gordon

Archived