FDSFX sound panel

Acuity

Hi all

I had this sound panel/cabin effects and announcements on FS2004, it says its not compatible for FSX, but just wanted to double check, as I read people have had it working

I have tried adding it, by editing the Panel.cfg and placing all the sounds, and gauges in the right place etc, but not even managed to get it to show when selecting views (although could be my bad config editing skills) as don't do this much

does it def work, or is there an alternative for FSX

Thanks

I borrowed your [window10] from your panel.cfg and placed it into my default 737-800. I had this download before and kept the gauge and sounds. Still works!

Remember this is activated by going to the menu/views/instrument panel and selecting FlightDeck SFX Panel.

panel.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks for trying

Yeah i'm selecting Views/instrument panel but Flight deck does not show as you would expect at the bottom.

I will keep at it

cheers

Dang, I never realized how many different gauge/.dat files for fdsfx are in my Main Gauges folder. 42 of 'em! Then, of course, the sound .wav files in the Main Sound folder.

I use it in my Lear 45. But it isn't black like what is shown.

I have FSPanel Studio. I could edit your panel config and add the gauge. But I need to know what plane. Then I need to know if you use 3D or 2D cockpit so I can place the gauge icon.

Dang, I never realized how many different gauge/.dat files for fdsfx are in my Main Gauges folder. 42 of 'em! Then, of course, the sound .wav files in the Main Sound folder.

Still playing around with, but would appear its not taking any notice of any changes to the cfg. for example I have a 737 sound addon which I purchased via Steam which sounds great and also comes with a panel which is called Mini Panel and basically lets you click it and you get that "Bing Bong chime" before announcements

If I totally delete that entry "pasted below" it still shows, (after restart FSX)

Window09=Mini Panel

[Window09]

position=6

size_mm=221,211

child_3d=1

background_color=0,0,0

ident=MINIPANEL

gauge00=B737_800!pfd_screen, 0, 0

gauge01=B737_800!pfd, 21,19,179,179

Edit:

Ok oddly its now working, and the only change was to uninstall the 737 sound addon from the Steam client, then when I loaded FSX I was prompted with the allow software to run message (FDSFX Gauges etc,loads of them) I presume that's due to the location of FSX which is installed in the default place

oh well

Might add the sound back, and see if prob comes back, cant really see how its related

Edited by Acuity

So long since I last took a look at it but Zippy, your missing your panel plate image 'FDFSX.bmp', (as you probably know), and Acuity not sure if you have it working or not yet? Whats your panel.cfg file look like?

Even though I created FDSFX panel way back in 2003, it works with FSX and P3D up to version3. I just never updated the install instructions which are pretty bad to begin with, ha!

Sadly, it will not work with P3Dv4. Awe.... if I ever get the time...

So long since I last took a look at it but Zippy, your missing your panel plate image 'FDFSX.bmp', (as you probably know), and Acuity not sure if you have it working or not yet? Whats your panel.cfg file look like?

Even though I created FDSFX panel way back in 2003, it works with FSX and P3D up to version3. I just never updated the install instructions which are pretty bad to begin with, ha!

I've used your add-on for years. In FS2004 and now FSX. I have always wondered about the voices. Is that you? And I notice that the flight attendants say something about smoking. HAHA Was this recorded in the 80's?

I had a sound set for FDSFX that was for South West. It was really funny, as are South West flight attendants. But now I don't know what it's called anymore. I'd like to use that in the PMDG 737NGX once I purchase it. I had it in the PMDG 737 in FS2004. Could you use two sound sets with this add-on? I'm not sure if you can. I even had an awesome gauge that I fine tuned that would make call outs automatically based on radar height and speed. For the life of me I can't remember it's name now either. I had it in my PMDG B1900D. Was fantastic, except if you were a few thousand above mountains it would play the "prepare for landing" bit which wasn't the case. HAHA Should have had some XML in there for when the LOC came alive and the radar ALT was at a certain level. That would offer redundancy.

Thanks I got it working, not sure why but after uninstalling a Sound addon, upon then opening FSX was prompted to allow Trusted Software/DLL's etc then everything started to work

Thanks everyone

Yea, on some of the sound-sets that's my voice... Capn' Clutch! I used to recruit real-world flight attendants to make the recordings. Yea, no smoking and how about "movie". Guess that would be "multi-media" these days. :)

I threw out an idea here on the P3D forums if you care to read. It's actually a post from another simmer about FDSFX but I added some comments/ideas there if interested.

Clutch

CRJ_simpilot, I have that same Southwest package. Features "Colette" as both serious and humorous. I think it's available at Avsim.

*edit

Found it: http://www.flightsimhq.com/downloads/viewfile/373.html

Edited by kingnorris
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

CRJ_simpilot, I have that same Southwest package. Features "Colette" as both serious and humorous. I think it's available at Avsim.

*edit

I'd bet 5 bucks that those stewardess comments don't even come close to the ones you hear in the cockpit sounds of the version 3 C-47. AND you don't have to keep pushing buttons.

I'd bet 5 bucks that those stewardess comments don't even come close to the ones you hear in the cockpit sounds of the version 3 C-47. AND you don't have to keep pushing buttons.

Still better than nothing. Adds atmosphere.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

*edit

That's who it was! Colette. :D Thanks!

Yea, on some of the sound-sets that's my voice... Capn' Clutch! I used to recruit real-world flight attendants to make the recordings. Yea, no smoking and how about "movie". Guess that would be "multi-media" these days. :)

I threw out an idea here on the P3D forums if you care to read. It's actually a post from another simmer about FDSFX but I added some comments/ideas there if interested.

Clutch

How did you recruit the flight attendants? LOL And are you a real world pilot? I think I practically have the voice set memorized.

• 10 months later...

I can't figure out why this seems to load but I but when the panel comes up it's just a black window.

Clip0001.jpg

I have been back over the installation several times and I believe that I followed them correctly but....??? :confused::confused::confused:

Looks like a cool add-on. Any help greatly appreciated.

Here's my panel.cfg for the CRJ-700.

panel.cfg.txt

change:

[WindowXX]

to:

[Window14]

for a start.

Second:

Make sure all files like:

fdsfx_01_gate.dat

FDSFX_01_gate.gau

fdsfx_02_airport.dat

fdsfx_02_airport.gau

etc.

are in your panel folder.

Third, also make sure file:

FDSFX.bmp

is in your panel folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I knew some extra eyes would help find some errors so I fixed the "WindowXX" issue but the installation instructions say to dump those 42 *.gau & *.dat files into the gauges folder (as individual files, not a subfolder).

Anyway, I tried it both ways (putting them in the CRJ's panel folder and FSX's gauges folder) to no avail. The FDSFX.bmo file is in the CRJ's panel folder. Still no good.

Thanks for the help il88pp but I'm still stuck. Appreciate your effort. sir.

Compared now also to my own panel.cfg.

there it looks like this.

file=FDSFX.bmp

size_mm=500

position=0

windowsize_ratio=0.4

visible=0

ident=122757

I may have changed it to that. Not sure. But it works that I',m sure of.

(can't find the download on my system to check. May check later.)

On that note, what site did you download the gauge from?

(-Note--> add: widowsize_ratio=0.4

to your section)

Putting Gauges in the gauges folder is fine too. THe .bmp (bitmap) file does need to be in the panel folder.

The sound files should be inside folder:

...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\FDSFX

Those are .Mp3 files.

Edited by il88pp
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks again. Weird, but I just copy-and-pasted the OP's panel.cfg into by B-737-800 and it works like a champ so it must be something funky with the cfg file in the CRJ. I'll figure it out.

BTW, playing around with the coordinates and size of the hot button for it I found that 412,448,20,20 fits quite nicely into your panel.

Nevermind that.

I did a test

I have the gauges iand panel bitmap in my panel folder. (using the b737)

I removed them, started fsx and loaded the 737. I got the same black rectangle you showed earlier.

The gauge files, like fdsfx_01_gate.dat FDSFX_01_gate.gau etc, must be either in

the panel folder or in:

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges

and the bitmap must be in the panel folder.

are you ure you installed them? and in the correct plane.

You say the 737 works, I know. But what you I'm seeing is the defined 2d-panel area, and no gauges or bitmap.

---

Apart from that your panel.cfg section for this (14) looks fine as far as I can see. And I don't think that's the issue.

Just in case, maybe attach what the panel.cfg looks like now.

Edited by il88pp
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]