FSX Update For The British Reconnaissance Jet BAC TSR-2

ftldave

First flight test of FSX Update For The British Reconnaissance Jet BAC TSR-2, top speed petered out at Mach 1.28, FL450. Published specs show that the real plane was supposed to have Mach 2.2 capability. Has anyone else tested this unusual Cold War bomber?

TSR2_1.png

Just tried it. Climbs like a rocket! I was at FLT390 more or less and punched it. I also adjusted the fuel to about 20% in each tank to lighten the load. I was at MACH 2.3 and climbing before I hit the ejection handle and joined the "Martin Baker" club.;)

A little tough to see the MACH reading on the HUD, but 2.3 and increasing.

jet mach 2.3.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I was at MACH 2.3 and climbing before I hit the ejection handle and joined the "Martin Baker" club

Ejecting at Mach 2.3 you know which club you would join? :pilot: ;)

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I best never, ever get into a dogfight with Mr. Zippy.

My test was done with about 23% fuel onboard, 7000 pounds of payload to simulate pilots and a big bomb, and I think I had AS2016 weather running over sunny southern California, departure out of March Air Reserve Base. But I don't think that can account for such a difference in performance, my Mach 1.28 compared to Zippy's Mach 2.+, so I'm still puzzled.

Makes the TSR2 a very expensive haggis maker! just how much whisky is needed to wash you down with? I cracked up laughing at the witty response, bless your heart. Here are some fun facts (little dated) from the Martin Baker site:

Quote:

• Highest speed escapes using MBA ejection seat above 700 knots (800 mph) - Total 6

• Highest altitude escape using MBA ejection seat (both successful) British Canberra Bomber - 57,000 ft in 1958

• Highest number of successful ejections in one year - 494 in 1967

• Highest number of successful ejections in any one month - 63 in June 1967

• Highest number of successful ejections in any one day - 11 on 22nd November 1969

• Total number of lives saved with Mk10 seat as at May 2002 - 628

• Total number of NACES ejections - 39 (100%)

• Total number of ejection seats delivered - more than 70,000

• Total number of ejection seats currently in service - approximately 12,000

• 31% of the ejection seats in service are 25 years old and fully supported

• Countries operating MBA ejection seats - 80

• Countries operating Mk10/Mk10L ejection seats - 51

• Air Forces operating MBA ejection seats - 92

• Number of aircraft types fitted with Mk10 ejection seats - 46

• Aircraft types currently in service world-wide fitted with MBA ejection seats - 88

There was one lucky escape (wasn't exactly an ejection, per se) from a disintegrating SR-71 doing Mach 3.2 in 1966. Both crew were flung clear as the plane broke apart. The pilot survived but the reconnaissance system officer (RSO) was sadly killed (of a broken neck) due to the high g forces of the accident. Details on the link below. Sad and tragic.

Scroll to the middle, 61-17952 (SR-71A)

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived