Best Affinity Mask Setting for P3D

FSXmarc

Does anybody know the best affinity mask setting that will give me the best VAS performance since the FSL A320 is memory hungry?

Also heard that tweaking the AM properly will reduce the stutters and FPS drops, I have a Intel i7-6700HQ @ 2.6ghz with a NVIDA GTX960M with 4GB of RAM. I have 8GB of ram at the moment but am planning on upgrading to twice the memory I have now later this year.

I have all my settings especially Autogen turned to sparse and the FSL A320 is still using a lot of VAS at cruise I get 3000MB used and when I land its usually 3200 to 3500mb.

Some people say leaving AM off and letting P3D decide what to do with the cores is the best but when I do that I get lower FPS and a lot of stutters.

Does anybody know the best affinity mask setting that will give me the best VAS performance since the FSL A320 is memory hungry?

Also heard that tweaking the AM properly will reduce the stutters and FPS drops, I have a Intel i7-6700HQ @ 2.6ghz with a NVIDA GTX960M with 4GB of RAM. I have 8GB of ram at the moment but am planning on upgrading to twice the memory I have now later this year.

I have all my settings especially Autogen turned to sparse and the FSL A320 is still using a lot of VAS at cruise I get 3000MB used and when I land its usually 3200 to 3500mb.

Some people say leaving AM off and letting P3D decide what to do with the cores is the best but when I do that I get lower FPS and a lot of stutters.

Cant answer as you don't tell us which version of P3D or provide rest of system settings including addons installed...

However, general rule for P3D is no affinity mask setting is required for general use. It's not `people` saying this, it's Lockheed Martin and if you need specific advice you should review similar topics and if necessary ask in the official L-M P3d forums.

There is no BEST setting - it completely depends on YOUR system and components. Read up on what the affinity mask does, try a few combinations and test the results on YOUR system.

FWIW, I don't use one - P3D doesn't need it for my type of flying but there are some who cannot fly without one.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Ok here is what I'm using

Windows 10 64-bit

Prepar3d v3.4

AS2016

FSLabs A320 (VC model only w/ 2048 textures)

SmartCARS

Intel i7-6700HQ @ 2.6ghz

NVIDIA GTX960M with 4GB of VRAM

8GB of RAM

1TB HDD

I am currently using AF 85 which is good but the frames often drop from 35 to 17 in a second and jump back, the stuttering is still there but a little less, VAS usage remains the same.

Also tried no AF like Lockheed said well I got a lot more stuttering and the FPS was down by a bit, haven't measured VAS.

With that low end rig and the poorer fps and VAS management on that version of the sim I think you are lucky that AF-85 even made a difference.

I would prioritise turning down settings to get rid of the fps variation, or lock it at a rate that suits your computer, the sim and your type of flying, You should also be looking at what it is that is introducing that secondary frame rate drop - possibly something outside the sim.

Is the sim marked as excluded by your antivirus? Is the HDD properly optimised for P3D and scenery? etc.

no need with P3d V4, i have 4k 60 fps and a Titan Xp maxed 100% :-) core one is 100% too but it doesn't make much difference to FPS, Finally!.

Humm should i go SLI now????

Law of diminishing returns applies with SLI and P3d V4. It's still the case a single bigger card bests a smaller pair of cards, and as yet the overheads that might invoke the need for SLI and a pair of Titans doesnt really exist.

Archived