Fsx se wont startup

Let's see what's causing your CTD.

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting.

BELOW IS A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU MIGHT SEE!

General Tab:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: This is what we need to Know!

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: R:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: R:\FSX\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

If there is not one listed:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000,

you will need to do as previously noted

No Faulting Module? ->

Remove all of the add-ons, and test the sim. If it works OK, then reinstall them one at a time and test.

Be sure to test each thoroughly before moving on to the next

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Let's see what's causing your CTD.

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting.

BELOW IS A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU MIGHT SEE!

General Tab:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: This is what we need to Know!

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: R:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: R:\FSX\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

If there is not one listed:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000,

you will need to do as previously noted

No Faulting Module? ->

Remove all of the add-ons, and test the sim. If it works OK, then reinstall them one at a time and test.

Be sure to test each thoroughly before moving on to the next

hi the following is as follows:

Faulting module name GPWS_SOUND.GAU ver3.2.0.0 time 0x42604ebb

so how I fix this

GPWS_SOUND.GAU That's an odd one! Did you download and install any new aircraft lately? GPWS is Ground Position Warning System used on aircraft. I would look in my FSX/Gauges folder for a GPWS_SOUND.gauge and take it out.

GPWS_SOUND.GAU That's an odd one! Did you download and install any new aircraft lately? GPWS is Ground Position Warning System used on aircraft. I would look in my FSX/Gauges folder for a GPWS_SOUND.gauge and take it out.

I did that and still not working

I did that and still not working

Did it work before you installed Rex Soft Clouds? You need to give more than just a simple 1 sentence answer. You need to give more info on what you have installed and where you got it from.

Did it work before you installed Rex Soft Clouds? You need to give more than just a simple 1 sentence answer. You need to give more info on what you have installed and where you got it from.

so I uninstalled REX soft clouds and I got it from sim market and still doesn't work when I click fly now on FSX the progress bar doesn't even show up and the whole thing crashes and doesn't work anymore for some reason I don't think its the gauges as fsx was working before I got rex and I uninstalled it and still doesn't work

any help would be great approieciauted

so I uninstalled REX soft clouds and I got it from sim market and still doesn't work when I click fly now on FSX the progress bar doesn't even show up and the whole thing crashes and doesn't work anymore for some reason I don't think its the gauges as fsx was working before I got rex and I uninstalled it and still doesn't work

any help would be great approieciauted

Have you tried changing aircraft, maybe try a default aircraft at a default airport. Are you creating a brand new flight and not trying to start a saved flight?

Have you tried changing aircraft, maybe try a default aircraft at a default airport. Are you creating a brand new flight and not trying to start a saved flight?

the default works and everything and even crerayting new floight doesmnt work but default yes

plus as soon I installed REX Soft clouds everything doesn't work but even uninstalling doesn't work

do I have to go into a certain file or something like scenery file or what do I need to get I ti working

ok but I uninstalled rex soft clouds and still wont work please help

Here's my last thought. Try verifying the game cashe:

To verify you game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account

2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen

3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen

4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu

5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box

6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu

7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options

8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download

9. Restart Steam

10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Here's my last thought. Try verifying the game cashe:

To verify you game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account

2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen

3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen

4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu

5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box

6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu

7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options

8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download

9. Restart Steam

10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

I did all that still doesn't work please help

Do I need to open up fsx.cfg file plus were do I find it and when I load fsx I open up free flight and use the default flight and that works but when I open up,other flights I click now and the load screen doesn't show and crash

The default is ok but not any other flight

What should I do

you should go to http://www.Google.com and as questions in there.

click the link, and type in the box something like:

Where to find "fsx.cfg"

then press the "GO!" button. Read the results.

You'll find the answers to these basic questions much quicker when you search using Google then by asking in a thread.:D

Things like quotes can often help when searching. Example:

Searching: fsx.cfg

Will find texts that contain the words fsx and .cfg, so as separate words.

For example about aircraft.cfg files and FSX. (see, contains both.)

But also finds texts that mentin the fsx.cfg file. (a couple)

Meaning you'll have to click throug and read many Google results to find the text with the explanation you needed.

But Google searching for: "fsx.cfg"

Gives only texts that contain that exact term. fsx.cfg as one 'word'.

Meaning when you make Google search for:

"fsx.cfg" location

(plus perhaps the version of Windows you have.)

Will give you exactly the results you need right at the top of the list of results. Only nee to read on, two, maybe three articles to find it.

Enjoy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My first thought when I saw this thread yesterday was: probably an unusable fs9 (FS20004) gauge. Unusable as in: doesn't work in fsx.

You said you removed it, but I'm not sure. Open the fsx folder and type GPWS_sound.dll in the little box at the top. Search to see if any files with that name are still there. Installed in a panel folder of an aircraft perhaps.

If you find it, don't delete it right away.

You may be able to get the callouts working by replacing it with another gauge. Info in this thread.

(You will allso have to edit the panel.cfg file of the aircraft. So that the aircraft looks for the new gauge to load.)

Info on replacing and with what file in this thread:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?225397-Gpws/page2

PS: What MrZippy said was good advice, do not use a saved flight. If the aircraft was changed, starting the saved flight gives problems.

PPS: THis is not caused by REX. Because REX is in no way related to the callout.

PPPS (for mrzippy): I'll have a look at the thread you mentioned. Interes is peaked. (piqued??? dunno.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My first thought when I saw this thread yesterday was: probably an unusable fs9 (FS20004) gauge. Unusable as in: doesn't work in fsx.

You said you removed it, but I'm not sure. Open the fsx folder and type GPWS_sound.dll in the little box at the top. Search to see if any files with that name are still there. Installed in a panel folder of an aircraft perhaps.

If you find it, don't delete it right away.

You may be able to get the callouts working by replacing it with another gauge. Info in this thread.

(You will allso have to edit the panel.cfg file of the aircraft. So that the aircraft looks for the new gauge to load.)

Info on replacing and with what file in this thread:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?225397-Gpws/page2

PS: What MrZippy said was good advice, do not use a saved flight. If the aircraft was changed, starting the saved flight gives problems.

PPS: THis is not caused by REX. Because REX is in no way related to the callout.

PPPS (for mrzippy): I'll have a look at the thread you mentioned. Interes is peaked. (piqued??? dunno.)

Ok but before I installed rex it was ok it want not after I installed rex problems percived plus when I start up fsx and use default free flight it all works but when I select free flight for another plane and set it to my set criteria the load screen after I select fly now the load screen doesn't work and fsx resets and crashes and resets

I tried everything but nothing works it happened before but it fixed itself so no idea how to fix this issue as I did the steam fix but no luck and the registry even way no luck even then the gauage issue but no luck

If anyone can help please

Archived