The C150 by AF Scrub

flytv1

Hi everyone.

The C150 by AF Scrub, Name: cessna150_fsx.zip https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fsview.php?do=list&fid=197523 is a new addition 06-23-2017 that is a very good rendition, and good Flight dynamics, and worth investigating by users / CFIs that want a good tool.

Some things that are different from the real model is the location of the Flap position indicator, not a huge issue and the VC Cabin light that you can fix, see below.

I typically use the Aug 11, 19:32 with FSTimestay and I use the VC light.

In this model you can actually set up / configure your eye position to view part of the cowl, the wing tips and a good view of the Instrument panel that is very realistic, all needed if you want to use it for instruction.

One other model that does that is the C152 FSinsider. In some ways this is cleaner and very useful as a tool. TV

Here is the position and modifications I use to get the VC light, and Eye position. I use 50% Forward view scale:

Aircraft.cfg

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit

light.6 = 4, -0.900, -0.700, 1.000, fx_vclighth //Add

[Views]

eyepoint= -0.35, -0.45, 1.3 //Add (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance

from reference datum -0.95, -0.85, 1.5 // Change

Hi.

>>isn't that the virtual cockpit from Just Flight's freeware Cessna 152?

I know it as FS Insider, which is exceptional, except for all the glare / reflections, which is a problem with the FrenchVFR. I installed and about 10 min. later I removed it. I never 3xperienced in a real acft. that type of glare / reflections, some designers are overdoing it.

One of the reasons I like the AF Scrub is because it's nice and clear, and it feels just like being in a real acft. I can hop in a 150-152 and go to the sim and it feels very real. TV

Archived