Disney Air July Competition. Win Prizes!

pdwnet

July Competition

It is time to wish America a giant Happy Birthday - in true Disney Air fashion, with another flight competition for 3 great prizes! Throughout the month of July, pilots who can complete the "Independence Tour", a tour that will take your passengers on a trip around the United States to visit all of the cities that have taken their namesake from our "independence" in 1776.

Starting on July 1st, 2017:

All of the pilots who complete the tour within the month of July will be entered automatically into the competition. The top three pilots with the best landing rates will win the following:

The Pilot who maintains the best overall average landing rate will receive a $100.00 gift certificate to the simulation shop of their choice!

The Pilot who maintains the second best overall average landing rate will receive a $50.00 gift certificate to the simulation shop of their choice!

The Pilot who maintains the third best overall average landing rate will receive a $250.00 gift certificate to the simulation shop of their choice!

All PIREPS must be submitted no later than 23:59 PDT on July 31, 2017.

All PIREPS MUST be submitted through smartCARS, manual PIREPS will not count towards the competition.

Good luck to all pilots and let's celebrate our independence by greasing all those landings!

See you in the Happiest Skies on Earth!

Pilots who wish to register for Disney Air, go here:

http://disneyair.net/index.php/registration

Regards,

Rick Hirsch

COO- Disney Air

Rick,

Your idea for Disney VA is very interesting and very innovative with lots of cool features but one thing baffles me is that list of your hubs does NOT include KMCO Orlando airport. If there is Disney VA, then its hubs should be where all Disneylands are.

Right???

Good luck to your VA.

CQwL8Nm.png

HAHA I noticed that too.

I'm interested, but don't know enough about virtual airlines. I only flown in VATSIM once and I can't even remember what my password is or anything other than the use of my first name. Do I need to use VATSIM or something? Do you provide the Disney A/C, and if so what model A/C?

Edit-

Okay, I went through the entire website and read the pilot handbook. Looks like I need to buy my PMDG 737 or get a FMC. I fly FSX now and I only flown in FS204 with the PMDG 737. Been a long time since I flown that. Do you have a livery for the PMDG 737 NGX?

What is a landing rate? I see the chart at the website and most are well under what you'd be at on ILS. I imagine it would be 700 F/min-900 F/min.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.

Obviously the third place prize is a typo. Thanks for catching it.It is $25.00

Sure, KMCO can be a hub. But Disney started in CA. We may add KMCO as a hub at some point. Thanks for the advice.

Yes, we provide a bunch of different Disney liveries. Yes we have liveries for the NGX. No, you do not have to fly on Vatsim or any other online service, however it is encouraged, but not a requirement.

Thanks again

Archived