Awaiting for download details question?

ColR1948

I recently bought an aircraft from AIR.C74 DOT NET, it seems a strange way of doing things, I saw the aircraft, clicked on it to buy, sent them the money via PayPal then a message comes up saying I must register to the website in order to get the aircraft.

So I register then on their forum is a section saying in order to get the download, send this guy and email and await a link to the download, it has been hours now and nothing yet, anyone else had stuff from them?

Col.

So I register then on their forum is a section saying in order to get the download, send this guy and email and await a link to the download, it has been hours now and nothing yet, anyone else had stuff from them?

Col.

No, but their policies do state

Expected ETA between order to initial CSR reply may be up to 12-18 hours. Expected ETA between order to download access is largely dependent on you and typically shall not exceed 48 hours. Again, largely dependent on your own compliance with instructions by which to get into the download access system for the order to be filled and able to be downloaded (In most cases, ETA's can be nearly barely minutes to a couple hours, initial reply with instructions can often be sent within minutes. The after-payment autoreturn directs you to the instructions page which might be denied if you have pop-up's blocked on *your* browser. so the swiftness by which you progress from order to download is largely dependent on *you*)

So hopefully just a matter of being patient a little while longer.

Thanks RR, you read something I missed, anyway I got them now, I bought a pack of Pipers but looking at the downloads each one is for a different version of XP, so some are of no use, seems only a couple will work.

They were not that expensive so it's no big loss, unless there is a way of making the earlier versions work but I doubt it, from what I understand some of XP10 will work but earlier won't is that correct?

Edited:

I stand corrected! I typed before I looked properly, when I opened the pack there were 16 different Pipers, I installed them all and they all sown up and appear to be in working order, they are good quality too.

Col.

It's a hit and miss really. Only way to find out is trying them out. The XP10 ones should be OK.

XP9 versions may require extra work. The trick in XP10 was to load older versions in XP10 PlaneMaker and re-save them. Usually that did the trick (although initially there were problems with the airfoils, which required extra work). There is no guarantee however that everything will work flawlessly. Newer versions of XP incorporate a lot of improvements that older versions simply did not have.

Also, from what I understand you"ll still need the XP10 PlaneMaker V10, even in XP11 (haven't tries this, as I don't bother to upgrade versions older than XP10). If need be, you can use PlaneMaker v10 of the XP10 Demo, downloadable here http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/try-it/older/

For what it's worth, the designer Jason Chandler has a long-standing reputation for building great looking planes with accurate flght models, albeit without all the bells and whistles of Carenado. But for some reason he hasn't been very active the last couple of years. I did read somwhere that his PA 28-161 Warrior III has the most accurate flight model (at least, in XP10).

So you're right: the planes that do work may still be worth the money ;)

-------------------------------------

Now it's my turn to write a PS :)

Yes, as said, Jason Chandler does have a good reputation in the XP world, so I'm glad it all worked out.

I was just trying the Piper 28-140 the lowest model in the pack, good quality looking AC, it has no Garmin installed which maybe correct for that model I don't know.

So I took off got to around 1000ft then selected the AI to fly the plane, all was going well but the AI took it up and up, when it got to 11000 ft it started to rock from side to side plus it kept climbing and climbing.

I also thought the AI would recognise this was a small GA and not an airliner lol.

I never had this happen when I first installed XP but I notice it happened on the DC-3 as well, it started off smooth then after a certain height it started rocking, I looked for a wing leveler button no joy, what causes that and is there a cure?

Col.

I never had this happen when I first installed XP but I notice it happened on the DC-3 as well, it started off smooth then after a certain height it started rocking, I looked for a wing leveler button no joy, what causes that and is there a cure?

Col.

I honestly have no idea.

This may sound crazy, but recalibrating the controls might help.

I vaguely recall this helped when others were reporting similar problems in the beta version of XP11.

And from the other thread, re-installing XP11 sometimes helps too (only if everything else fails of course) :)

FYI, if it is a bug, you can always report it using this official form http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

Hi RR,

I used one of those Piper AC I downloaded (Piper PA-30-39 Twin Comanche) I created a circular route with the Garmin and it flew perfect, I like doing this it's great for sightseeing.

Edited:

Forgot to add, using the above AC I got a warning message in the top right corner saying 'Possible Carburetor Icing' I looked all over the cockpit but for the life of me couldn't see any button to cure it, any ideas?

Col.

Edited:

Forgot to add, using the above AC I got a warning message in the top right corner saying 'Possible Carburetor Icing' I looked all over the cockpit but for the life of me couldn't see any button to cure it, any ideas?

Col.

Weird, FAIK the Twin Comanches use fuel injected variants of the v160-horsepower Lycoming O- 320 engines (and yes, I had to look that up ;) ). If so, the developer Jason Chandler would most certainly not have included carb heat.

The only way to find out is to open the plane in PlaneMaker, and search for "carb recip" in the Plane Maker>Standard>Engine Specs>Location tab

This is very general advice, whenever there is something wrong with a plane in XP, first thing to do is to load it into PlaneMaker and inspect :)

Archived